Wisconsin Farmers Union President Responds to Trump’s Visit, Reports That He’ll Announce Farm Aid
“Donald Trump continues to think he can buy farmers off, but after devastating our industry — including the loss of over 2255 dairy farms since Trump took office and a record 818 shutting down forever last year — we know this is nothing more than an 11th hour campaign stunt; this is too little too late. Trump failed us when he engaged in meaningless trade wars; he abandoned us when he used “bailouts” to give handouts to big Ag who further gobbled up small and medium-sized family farms, he’s shown he’s in the pocket of Big Oil as he continues to undermine the Renewable Fuel Standard, and now he’s doubling down on what we’ve always known: we’re nothing more than a pawn to Trump.
“Wisconsin farmers are vital to our state and national economy, and are also husbands and fathers, daughters and mothers. But Trump has treated us and thrown us away like we’re nothing, and we deserve more from our president. Farmers don’t want handouts, we want sound, reliable markets that can provide for our families and won’t be devastated the way Trump eviscerated the markets that had been supporting Wisconsin families for decades.”
- Wisconsin farmers are facing a once-in-a-generation crisis: 2019 was one of the worst years in recent memory, with 818 dairy farms closing their doors as the state led the nation in farm bankruptcies.
- Donald Trump’s Secretary of Agriculture, Sonny Perdue, blew off these closures when in Wisconsin last year, saying: “In America, the big get bigger and the small go out. I don’t think in America we, for any small business, we have a guaranteed income or guaranteed profitability.”
- The Trump Administration has not provided any assistance to biofuels producers during COVID-19 and is now considering a $300 million bailout of Big Oil through the Department of Agriculture. Once again, Donald Trump is siding with oil companies over farmers.
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
- Fraudulent Electors Convene to Cast State’s Electoral Votes Contrary to Popular Vote and State Statutes, Law Forward Seeks Accountability - Law Forward - Feb 16th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers Order Audit of State’s Election System - Shawn Johnson - Feb 12th, 2021
- Data Wonk: New Voters Won the 2020 Election - Bruce Thompson - Jan 20th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Tiffany, Fitzgerald Object To Some Biden Electors - Shawn Johnson - Jan 7th, 2021
- Sen. Baldwin: “It’s Disgraceful” - Urban Milwaukee - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep Moore Blames Trump for Today’s Chaos - Urban Milwaukee - Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here