Wisconsin Center District Updates Timeline for Completion of the Wisconsin Center
The WCD funding subcommittee has reviewed the submissions and has identified Morgan Stanley as the lead investment banking firm for the potential debt offering.
MILWAUKEE, WI – (May 10, 2019) – In a Board Meeting this morning, the Wisconsin Center District shared an updated timeline for the funding portion of the completion of the Wisconsin Center.
An RFQ was publicized to financial institutions in mid-April with a deadline of noon on May 1, 2019. Thirty four responses were received, with ten respondents offering to serve as the lead investment bank. The WCD funding subcommittee has reviewed the submissions and has identified Morgan Stanley as the lead investment banking firm for the potential debt offering.
“We were overwhelmed by the credentials and number of financial institutions who responded to our RFQ and very encouraged by the level of interest in our project,” said Marty Brooks, President and CEO of the Wisconsin Center District. “The responses endorse our belief that completing the Wisconsin Center will serve as an economic accelerator to convention business in our state.”
“Our subcommittee is comprised of experts in convention business, commerce, and finance. We have multifaceted representation with the intention of presenting the most educated recommendations to the Board for this important project,” said Jim Kanter, Chairman of the Board of the Wisconsin Center District.
The subcommittee plans to provide financing plan recommendations to the WCD Board later this year. During that time the WCD also plans to issue an RFQ for architectural firms to begin proposals on design and layouts of the Convention Center completion.
More information on the need for a larger convention center as well as the corresponding economic impact of such a facility in Milwaukee is available here. The next meeting of the WCD Board is scheduled for Friday, August 16.
More about the Wisconsin Center expansion
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Okays Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 11th, 2020
- Plats and Parcels: Gilbane, CD Smith Will Build Wisconsin Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Construction Manager for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Jan 10th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Architectural Team for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Dec 19th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: River One Apartments Construction Starts in March - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: New Apartments Near Streetcar Line - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2019
- Convention Center Expansion Advances - Alana Watson - Aug 17th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Board Unanimously Passes Resolution Regarding Exposition Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Aug 16th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: State Aids Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 30th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward - Graham Kilmer - May 20th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Updates Timeline for Completion of the Wisconsin Center - Wisconsin Center District - May 10th, 2019
- Evers Budget Overlooks Convention Center - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: About That New Convention Center Plan - Graham Kilmer - Jun 17th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Downtown Power Brokers Mull Expanded Convention Center - Michael Horne - May 15th, 2014
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Center District
New Standard Effective July 1, 2020
Gilbane Smith Selected