Wisconsin Center District Announces Construction Manager for Wisconsin Center Expansion
Gilbane Smith Selected
MILWAUKEE, WI – (January 10, 2020) – Wisconsin Center District (WCD) President and CEO Marty Brooks announced today that the construction management bid for the expansion of the Wisconsin Center has been awarded to the team of Gilbane Building Co. and CD Smith (Gilbane Smith).
“The selection of construction manager is a critical milestone in the continued progression of the expansion of the Wisconsin Center. We had several very well qualified bids,” said Brooks. “The combined experience that Gilbane Smith have working together, along with their competitive fee structure, was what truly set them apart.”
“With CAA/ICON, tvsdesign/EUA, and Gilbane Smith on board, I feel confident that we have assembled an incredible core group of experts. This is the best possible team to lead us into the future of creating and building a facility that is transformational to Milwaukee and Wisconsin,” said Brooks.
“It is a great honor to be part of this world-class team and continue Gilbane Smith’s longstanding commitment to Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin,” said Gilbane Smith Principal in Charge and Senior Vice President Adam Jelen.
Not unlike the process for selecting the architecture team, the construction manager selection process was carefully regulated and vetted. Invitations to Bid (ITBs) were issued November 25, 2019, and in person interviews were conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week. The selection was based on the following criteria:
- Similar Project Experience
- Preconstruction Approach
- Personnel Experience and Commitment
- Technology Approach
- Project Approach
- Schedule Approach
- Inclusion Goal Approach
- Predevelopment Fee
- Preconstruction Fee
- Construction Manager Fee
- Change Order Fee
- Staffing Costs
The work completed to-date in pursuit of an expanded Wisconsin Center, including hiring CAA/ICON as the owner’s rep, and awarding bids to the architecture and construction management teams, is categorized as preconstruction and is required to develop an accurate cost estimate. The Wisconsin Center District Board is expected to vote on a financing package for the project at an April 2, 2020, meeting.
More about the Wisconsin Center expansion
- Plats and Parcels: Gilbane, CD Smith Will Build Wisconsin Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Construction Manager for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Jan 10th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Architectural Team for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Dec 19th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: River One Apartments Construction Starts in March - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: New Apartments Near Streetcar Line - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2019
- Convention Center Expansion Advances - Alana Watson - Aug 17th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Board Unanimously Passes Resolution Regarding Exposition Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Aug 16th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: State Aids Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 30th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward - Graham Kilmer - May 20th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Updates Timeline for Completion of the Wisconsin Center - Wisconsin Center District - May 10th, 2019
- Evers Budget Overlooks Convention Center - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: About That New Convention Center Plan - Graham Kilmer - Jun 17th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Downtown Power Brokers Mull Expanded Convention Center - Michael Horne - May 15th, 2014
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Center District
International Firm tvsdesign and Milwaukee-Based Eppstein Uhen Architects (EUA) Selected
Live at the Miller High Life Theatre Saturday * April 4 * 6:30 PM doors * 8:00 pm show
The Wisconsin Chapter of the Exit Planning Institute is a group of local advisors dedicated to changing the outcome for middle market owners looking to grow, transition, or exit their business.