Wisconsin Businesses Awarded Subcontracts Totaling $2.3 Million by Foxconn
Initial bid packages awarded for High-Performance Computing Data Center at Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park
Mount Pleasant, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and Mortenson, construction manager for the High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC), announced the selection of five Wisconsin companies for subcontracts under HPCDC Bid Package #1. The new awards for construction work at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park (WVSTP) total approximately $2.3 million, bringing the total value for contracts awarded at the park to approximately $372 million.
Located within Area 1 of the WVSTP, the HPCDC will serve as a resource center for Data Colocation, SaaS, and other high-performance computing opportunities that enable the development of core technologies in a variety of markets such as manufacturing, healthcare, safety, and agriculture. In addition to supporting WVSTP operations, high-performance computing capability will attract business partnerships to the WVSTP, driving job creation, and economic development.
New contracts announced as part of HPCDC Bid Package #1 include:
- Concrete Reinforcing Material: Brook White Construction Materials – Madison, WI
· Concrete Reinforcing Install: Chilstrom Erecting Corp – West Milwaukee, WI
· Earthwork: Edgerton Contractors, Inc. – Oak Creek, WI
· Ready Mix Concrete Supply: Point Ready Mix, LCC – Kenosha, WI
· Elevated Deck Formwork: Ceco Concrete Construction, LLC – Franklin, WI
All award recipients have met the criteria for the Wisconsin First program that was established to give Wisconsin firms priority for the construction of the WVSTP.
Information regarding these bid packages and all current bid opportunities for the project, as well as previous bid awards for work at the WVSTP to date, can be found at: https://wisconnvalley.wi.gov/Pages/ScienceTechPark.aspx.
Businesses interested in applying for competitive bid packages with Mortenson for Foxconn’s Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC) and High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC) are asked to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov for upcoming opportunities and to register at https://bit.ly/2k9Qn5V.
Students, recent college graduates, job-seekers and veterans interested in pursuing careers in fields such as high-performance computing, smart manufacturing, industrial big data, cloud computing, smart display, and industrial artificial intelligence are invited to visit foxconnjobs.us to learn more.
Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”) is a leading technological solution provider, that has leveraged its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies.
In 2018, Foxconn achieved US$175 billion in revenue, and has received an array of international accolades and recognition. The company was ranked 23rd in the Fortune Global 500 rankings in 2018 and 215th in the Forbes ranking of the World’s Best Employers that year. In 2019, the company was ranked 21st for Sales and was ranked 123rd overall in the Forbes Global 2000.
Mortenson is a U.S.-based, top-20 builder, developer, and engineering services provider serving the commercial, institutional, and energy sectors. Mortenson’s expanding portfolio of integrated services helps its customers move their strategies forward, ensuring their investments result in high-performing assets. The result is a turnkey partner, fully invested in the business success of its customers.
Founded in 1954, Mortenson has operations across the U.S. with offices in Chicago, Denver, Fargo, Iowa City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
Mortenson has been a staple in Wisconsin for over 30 years working with customers including Kohler Co.pany, Advocate Aurora Health, Marquette University, Milwaukee School of Engineering, the Milwaukee Bucks, and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin. Mortenson’s Wisconsin team includes 250 craft workers and professional team members. For additional information, visit www.mortenson.com.
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: The Foxconn Road to Ruin - James Rowen - Mar 9th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative