Whether Biden or Trump is Decided the Winner, We Will Organize
Milwaukee, WI – Saturday, November 7, 2020, We are still waiting for results of the 2020 Presidential Election. Our Wisconsin votes have been calculated. However Donald Trump may be allowed to challenge the count if his and Joe Biden‘s votes are within 1% of each other. Other parts of the nation are still counting. It is clear that things may not be settled even if they have been tallied. What does that mean for Milwaukee?
“As residents of Milwaukee and Wisconsinites, we have seen the strength of the opposition to Trump here. The outcome of this election is not surprising to us, given Trump’s attacks on Wisconsinites at Kenosha and his failed trade deals with companies like Foxconn,” notes Co-chair Thomas Hansberger.
Rachael Steidl, Secretary for Milwaukee DSA was not surprised by this outcome. She said, “No one was expecting this to go smoothly. While we never endorsed Biden we are eager to get rid of Trump. No matter who is chosen to be the winner, our work as Democratic Socialists continues. Both of these candidates are neoliberals who do not care about the working class. We work toward empowering the working class into standing together against the oppression of capitalism. We don’t have democracy if our votes are not counted or do not count for something.”
About Democratic Socialists of America: Milwaukee DSA is a chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America. Members of Milwaukee DSA are members of the broader advocacy community organizing to build a better world. Visit our website. http://milwaukee.dsawi.org/
- Trump Campaign Objects to Over 160,000 County Ballots - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Recount Releases First Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- ‘MAGA’ Rally in Wauwatosa Gathers Hundreds - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Day Three of Recount Brings Increasing Speed - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Recount Day Two Brings Objections, Gridlock - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2020
- Friday Photos: Inside the Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- No Ballots Counted On First Day of Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- What To Expect With Milwaukee’s Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 19th, 2020
- State Recount Turns Into Partisan Battle - Ruth Conniff - Nov 19th, 2020
- WEC Orders Presidential Election Recount - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Nov 19th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Democratic Socialists of America
We feel confident that we can rely on Derek to represent and promote working-class, grassroots socialism on the MPS Board.
Among the candidates running in the Democratic Primary, Rick stands out for his commitment to building working-class power.