WGIRLS Milwaukee’s “A Night Under the Big Top” Gala Aims to Raise $50,000 for the Milwaukee Women’s Center
Proceeds from the event support Milwaukee Women’s Center’s Emergency Shelter.
Milwaukee, April 15, 2019 – WGIRLS Milwaukee, a philanthropic organization of women dedicated to empowering women and children in underserved local communities, opened ticket sales to “A Night Under the Big Top” at The Westin Milwaukee. The carnival-themed gala aims to raise $50,000 for Milwaukee Women’s Center, a division of Community Advocates.
- Date and Time – Friday, May 17, 2019 from 8PM to midnight
- Location – The Westin Milwaukee Grand Ballroom
- Activities – Carnival games, silent auction, wine and beer pull, dancing, live entertainment from aerial dancers and female DJ Sushi Lor
What does this mean to Milwaukee Women’s Center?
Proceeds from the event support Milwaukee Women’s Center’s Emergency Shelter, which provides hope and safety to the hundreds of domestic violence victims and their young children seeking shelter in our city. For perspective: $40 provides emergency transportation for two families seeking shelter and support away from their abusers; $100 provides one week of groceries for a low-income family of three; $250 provides three nights of shelter for a homeless woman and her children.
“This event is huge for Milwaukee Women’s Center,” says Andi Elliott, Chief Executive Officer of Community Advocates. “The funds will support both sides of the issue; recovery services for women and children as well as batterer-prevention services for men. We are so grateful to the WGIRLS Milwaukee and anyone out there who’s thinking about coming to the event.”
How can you help?
- Purchase tickets to the event and/or donate to the campaign at give.classy.org/wgirlsbigtop
- WGIRLS Milwaukee is still looking for corporate sponsors. Please contact email@example.com for sponsorship packages
- Your presence at our event will help families build the new beginning they deserve.
“WGIRLS Milwaukee will hit 10 years of service in 2019,” says WGIRLS Milwaukee President Samantha Mlinar. “This inaugural event represents what we have always been about—lifting up and supporting Milwaukee’s non-profits so they can continue to offer these vital services to women and children in need.”
Watch the FB LIVE Recording featuring WGIRLS Milwaukee President and Community Advocates Chief Executive Officer