Vukmir: The time is now for Foxconn
"Any reluctance to support this deal makes no sense to me."
MADISON, Wis. — State Sen. Leah Vukmir, R–Brookfield, Tuesday called upon her Senate colleagues to swiftly move the Foxconn bill so it can be voted on soon.
“I am ready to vote for the Foxconn bill and am urging my fellow senators to take it up without delay. I do not want any hesitation on our part to jeopardize Wisconsin’s opportunity for this transformative investment in our economy.
“Any reluctance to support this deal makes no sense to me. We have been presented with an incredible opportunity that puts Wisconsin workers first and will have a ripple effect across our entire state. Wisconsin wins with Foxconn.
“The fact that we even have this opportunity is a result of state Republicans’ hard work to lower taxes, cut red tape and get government out of the way so businesses want to bring jobs here. There is no room for mistakes. In today’s environment where states have to be competitive to bring jobs to their citizens, we must close this deal — and now.
“We cannot wait any longer. Let’s get this bill to the Senate floor.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Assistant Majority Leader Leah Vukmir
"Those who serve our country deserve the certainty that we will keep our promises to them."
"A successful repeal of Obamacare begins with the federal government handing over the reins to the states."