Virtual joint public hearing on proposed 2021 city budget set for Oct. 6
During today’s meeting of the Common Council, Mayor Tom Barrett presented his proposed 2021 City of Milwaukee budget. In the coming weeks, Council members will begin to review the budget and to engage the community in the process. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is inviting residents to attend the Council’s Joint Public Hearing on the Mayor’s 2021 Proposed Budget. The virtual meeting will take place Tuesday, October 6th at 6:30 p.m.
President Johnson acknowledged the challenges this budget presents and that input by residents is greatly appreciated by all members of the Council. “We want to hear every concern or suggestion as it pertains to the budget, and welcome residents to utilize this forum to provide feedback,” he said.
Residents who wish to share their thoughts at the joint public hearing can register here. Only those who wish to speak need to register in advance and registration will close two hours before the start of the hearing. After registering, attendees will be sent a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the meeting. Speakers will be limited to two minutes each and those attending as a group are encouraged to nominate one representative to speak.
For those wanting to view the meeting but not speak, the joint public hearing will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) or via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- City Hall: Community Groups Propose Changes - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- City Hall: City Could Lose 30 More Police Officers - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Transportation: Should Milwaukee Stop The Hop? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 13th, 2020
- City Hall: About That Proposed Street Lighting Fee - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 13th, 2020
- City Hall: Night Parking Rules a Tax on the Poor? - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 30th, 2020
- City Hall: Milwaukee’s Bond Rating Cut Two Levels - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Virtual joint public hearing on proposed 2021 city budget set for Oct. 6 - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Mayor Barrett’s 2021 Executive Budget Address - Mayor Tom Barrett - Sep 22nd, 2020
- City Hall: Barrett Budget Proposal Cuts 120 Police - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2020
- City Hall: City Made $8.6 Million Debt Mistake - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 21st, 2020
Read more about 2021 Milwaukee Budget here
Recent Press Releases by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson October 14, 2020