Virtual joint public hearing on proposed 2021 city budget set for Oct. 6
During today’s meeting of the Common Council, Mayor Tom Barrett presented his proposed 2021 City of Milwaukee budget. In the coming weeks, Council members will begin to review the budget and to engage the community in the process. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is inviting residents to attend the Council’s Joint Public Hearing on the Mayor’s 2021 Proposed Budget. The virtual meeting will take place Tuesday, October 6th at 6:30 p.m.
President Johnson acknowledged the challenges this budget presents and that input by residents is greatly appreciated by all members of the Council. “We want to hear every concern or suggestion as it pertains to the budget, and welcome residents to utilize this forum to provide feedback,” he said.
Residents who wish to share their thoughts at the joint public hearing can register here. Only those who wish to speak need to register in advance and registration will close two hours before the start of the hearing. After registering, attendees will be sent a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the meeting. Speakers will be limited to two minutes each and those attending as a group are encouraged to nominate one representative to speak.
For those wanting to view the meeting but not speak, the joint public hearing will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) or via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- City Hall: Council Delays on Federal COPS Grant - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- City Hall: Barrett Issues Two Budget Vetoes - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 18th, 2020
- City Hall: $1.6 Billion Adopted Budget Raises Fees, Cuts Police - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 6th, 2020
- Transportation: Budget Amendment Would Move Milwaukee Towards “Vision Zero” - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 30th, 2020
- City Hall: Committee Approves Over 20 Amendments To Milwaukee Budget - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 30th, 2020
- City Hall: Almost Half of Budget Amendments Are Policy Footnotes - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 29th, 2020
- City Hall: Community Groups Propose Changes - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- City Hall: City Could Lose 30 More Police Officers - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Transportation: Should Milwaukee Stop The Hop? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 13th, 2020
- City Hall: About That Proposed Street Lighting Fee - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 13th, 2020
Read more about 2021 Milwaukee Budget here
Recent Press Releases by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
Joint statement from Alderman Cavalier Johnson, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey and Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic
Joint statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson and Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa February 16, 2021