Valley Week runs September 22-29
Week of experiences in Milwaukee’s Menomonee Valley
MILWAUKEE –– Menomonee Valley Partners announces the 2018 Valley Week, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, running September 22 – 29. Events highlight the authentic Valley experience, showcasing nature, great jobs, and entertainment in the heart of the city. Experiences include a Fishing Clinic, Kayak Tour, Happy Hour on the River, the popular Ultimate Beer Run, and more.
“Last year’s inaugural Valley Week attracted hundreds of people to the Valley, many who explored a part of the city they never had before,” said Corey Zetts, Executive Director of Menomonee Valley Partners. “Twenty years ago, there was no reason to come to the Valley, and now there are so many. Valley Week shows that this is truly a great place to visit and a great place to work.”
Valley Week events are listed at ValleyWeek.com. Proceeds from the events support Menomonee Valley Partners, a nonprofit organization formed in 1999 to revitalize the Menomonee Valley.
Saturday, September 22
- Menomonee River Fishing Clinic: Learn about the Menomonee River, fish you can find here, and techniques that could lead you to the big one.
Tuesday, September 25
- Career Discovery Day: High school students will explore high-demand opportunities that fit their interests, from art to fixing things to creating culinary masterpieces.
- Menomonee Valley Job Fair: The Job Fair brings together employers within the district that are hiring to help you land a great career.
- Valley Bags Tournament: Toss your way to the top as you enjoy friendly competition, beautiful riverfront views at the Harley-Davidson Museum®, and a raffle with prizes from neighborhood businesses.
Weds, Sep 26
- Food Truck Festival: Celebrate fall with lunch in the outdoors paired with yard games and music in the Menomonee Valley Community Park.
- Menomonee River Kayak Tour: Paddle the Menomonee River and its hidden canals while exploring its past, vital to Milwaukee’s history, and its exciting future.
Thurs, Sep 27
- Valley Week Business Luncheon: Andy Gehl from Third Space Brewing and Jimmy Gohsman from City Lights Brewing will tell their brewing stories and answer questions from the crowd on brewing in MKE.
- Valley Soccer League Playoffs: Valley businesses have competed all summer long in the Menomonee Valley Community Park. Bring a picnic and cheer for your favorite team to take home the gold during playoffs!
- Happy Hour on the River: Enjoy a casual 45-minute happy hour cruising along the Menomonee River and its less explored canal while hearing where the Valley has been and what’s in store for the future.
Friday, September 28
- Valley Blood Drive: Valley businesses are hosting the first Valley blood drive. All donors will be entered to win an autographed Milwaukee Brewers baseball.
Sat, Sep 29
- The Ultimate Beer Run: Quite possibly the world’s only 3.7k, this high energy run/walk includes hops, high fives, a mid-point beer, and a finisher beer at City Lights Brewing and Third Space Brewing.
Enjoy specials throughout the week and support Menomonee Valley Partners, from an oil change at Badger Truck Center, eat-in and take-out specials at Pizzeria 3301 at Villa Palermo, Bloody Mary concoctions at Sobelman’s Pub & Grill, and a special Valley Week menu from Twisted Fisherman.
Valley Week is presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. Supporting Sponsors include Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Komatsu Mining Corp, Menomonee Valley Business Improvement District #26, Rexnord, and We Energies. Located in the heart of Milwaukee, the Menomonee Valley is a thriving district with a unique mix of industry, entertainment, and nature.
For more information and to register for events, visit ValleyWeek.com.
Menomonee Valley Partners is a nonprofit organization formed in 1999 with a mission to revitalize and sustain the Menomonee Valley as a thriving urban district that advances economical, ecological, and social equity for the benefit of the greater Milwaukee community. Since then, 51 companies have moved to or expanded in the Valley, more than 5,200 jobs have been created, 60 acres of parks and trails have been established, and 10 million people visit the Valley’s recreation and entertainment destinations each year.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Menomonee Valley Partners
Bachman’s expects renovations to be completed by late 2018.
Proposals are due by June 7, 2018.
Design charette concepts revealed for six key sites