Updated Security Policy in Effect for Summerfest 2018
NO BACKPACKS OF ANY SIZE are allowed inside Henry Maier Festival Park.
MILWAUKEE (May 31, 2018) – Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance is implementing enhancements to its security policies, in line with other major venues and stadiums around the country, for the safety and security of all of our fans. The following policies are in effect for Summerfest 2018:
- All visitors and employees will enter the festival through metal detection and should be prepared to comply with other security screening requirements.
- All bags will be searched upon entering.
- NO BACKPACKS OF ANY SIZE are allowed inside Henry Maier Festival Park.
- NO LARGE BAGS OVER 9X10X12 INCHES are allowed.
- Cinch bags or small purse/clutch, maximum size 9”x10”x12” will be allowed.
- If a guest brings ANY type of backpack or bag larger than 9”x10”x12”, they will be instructed to empty the contents into a clear bag provided by Summerfest. The prohibited bag may be donated or the guest can return it to their home or vehicle.
- There is no storage on site for prohibited items.
- Special consideration may be taken for parents with infants and those with medical needs.
Fans are advised to arrive early to minimize wait times to enter the Summerfest grounds and to leave all backpacks at home – the “NO BACKPACK” policy will be strictly enforced.
“The safety of our Summerfest fans is our top priority. We are enhancing these policies to create a more efficient entry into the festival by limiting items that can be brought onto the grounds. We encourage our fans to leave all prohibited items at home. The less you bring in, the more time you save entering the gate,” said Don Smiley, President and CEO of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
About Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance
Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, hosting the music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 850,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 12 stages delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Summerfest 2018 takes place June 27-July 1 and July 3-8, 2018, closed on July 2. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest or Twitter: @Summerfest.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
The Let The Music Play grant program is open to non-profit organizations and schools that serve Milwaukee County through music based programming for students aged 11 - 18.