Transit options for Foxconn plant on agenda for Public Transportation Review Board
The Board will review rail and bus opportunities.
On Wednesday (March 28) the Public Transportation Review Board will discuss the possible expansion of transit connecting Milwaukee workers to the upcoming Foxconn facility in Racine County. The Board will review rail and bus opportunities including the proposed expanded Amtrak service line and the proposed expanded Milwaukee County bus line.
Representatives from Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission will join the board as it considers the costs, travel times and frequency of services to-and-from Foxconn, according to Board Chair Alderman Robert J. Bauman.
The Public Transportation Review Board’s meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, March 28 at 10 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.) The meeting will be carried live on the City Channel at www.milwaukee.gov/channel25.
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman