Transit options for Foxconn plant on agenda for Public Transportation Review Board
The Board will review rail and bus opportunities.
On Wednesday (March 28) the Public Transportation Review Board will discuss the possible expansion of transit connecting Milwaukee workers to the upcoming Foxconn facility in Racine County. The Board will review rail and bus opportunities including the proposed expanded Amtrak service line and the proposed expanded Milwaukee County bus line.
Representatives from Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission will join the board as it considers the costs, travel times and frequency of services to-and-from Foxconn, according to Board Chair Alderman Robert J. Bauman.
The Public Transportation Review Board’s meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, March 28 at 10 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.) The meeting will be carried live on the City Channel at www.milwaukee.gov/channel25.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman November 11, 2019
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman October 25, 2019
Capital Improvements Committee learns that Barrett Administration may be abandoning alleys throughout the cityOct 22nd, 2019 by Ald. Bob Bauman
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman October 22, 2019