The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.2 Order Update
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee Health Department is revising its COVID-19 orders, putting additional restrictions on gatherings, bars and restaurants, sports, and activities that can play a role in the spread of the disease.
“As we evaluate the metrics the Milwaukee Health Department monitors, it is clear we have entered a more dangerous period of COVID-19 infections,” Interim Health Commissioner Marlaina Jackson said. “It is important that we take additional steps to protect the people of Milwaukee. Our goal is to get the indicators and gating criteria to head back in the right direction so we can move forward with reopening and moving Milwaukee forward.”
Significant changes in the order include the following:
- Public gathering limits will reduce occupancy to 25% of a site’s capacity and reduce the maximum number of people at an indoor event to 10 people, not including employees. Seating is required. The maximum number for outdoor events is 25 people. Religious and political events are subject to gathering limits of 100 people who are required to be seated.
- Restaurant and bar occupancy is restricted to 25% for those without a COVID Safety plan approved by the City of Milwaukee Health Department, and all patrons must be seated except when arriving, departing or walking to restrooms. Dance floors are prohibited.
- Team sports are restricted to intra-squad or intra-school events unless a Milwaukee Health Department approved safety plan is in place. A safety plan requires COVID-19 testing at least once every three days. If a plan has been previously submitted, it must be resubmitted with details related to the testing procedures.
- City of Milwaukee school’s COVID Safety will continue to be monitored by the City of Milwaukee Health Department. Movement between instructional models will be made on an individual school basis by the Health Department.
The new order is effective Thursday, October 29, 2020. The full text of the order is attached.
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 349 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 3rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here