The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.2 Order Update
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee Health Department is revising its COVID-19 orders, putting additional restrictions on gatherings, bars and restaurants, sports, and activities that can play a role in the spread of the disease.
“As we evaluate the metrics the Milwaukee Health Department monitors, it is clear we have entered a more dangerous period of COVID-19 infections,” Interim Health Commissioner Marlaina Jackson said. “It is important that we take additional steps to protect the people of Milwaukee. Our goal is to get the indicators and gating criteria to head back in the right direction so we can move forward with reopening and moving Milwaukee forward.”
Significant changes in the order include the following:
- Public gathering limits will reduce occupancy to 25% of a site’s capacity and reduce the maximum number of people at an indoor event to 10 people, not including employees. Seating is required. The maximum number for outdoor events is 25 people. Religious and political events are subject to gathering limits of 100 people who are required to be seated.
- Restaurant and bar occupancy is restricted to 25% for those without a COVID Safety plan approved by the City of Milwaukee Health Department, and all patrons must be seated except when arriving, departing or walking to restrooms. Dance floors are prohibited.
- Team sports are restricted to intra-squad or intra-school events unless a Milwaukee Health Department approved safety plan is in place. A safety plan requires COVID-19 testing at least once every three days. If a plan has been previously submitted, it must be resubmitted with details related to the testing procedures.
- City of Milwaukee school’s COVID Safety will continue to be monitored by the City of Milwaukee Health Department. Movement between instructional models will be made on an individual school basis by the Health Department.
The new order is effective Thursday, October 29, 2020. The full text of the order is attached.
- WI Daily: 3,831 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,033 New COVID-19 Cases, Over Half of Reported Tests - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 28th, 2020
- WI Daily: 1,033 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,095 New Cases As Hospitalizations Fall - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 26th, 2020
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Racine School Closure Order, Grants WILL Original Action - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment Rising - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing, Cases Falling - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Think Small on Thanksgiving, Evers Urges - Melanie Conklin - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County House of Correction to Launch Soft Opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28 - County Executive David Crowley - Nov 25th, 2020
- COVID-19 Surging in State Prisons - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 25th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here