TEDx MarquetteU hosts inaugural speaker event March 30
The selected speakers represent movers and thinkers who are rooted in Milwaukee, in purpose and in community.
MILWAUKEE — Marquette University will host its first TEDx event on Saturday, March 30, at 6:30 p.m. in Sensenbrenner Hall, 1103 W. Wisconsin Ave.
The event will feature five local speakers who will discuss topics ranging from drawing inspiration from your neighborhood to maximizing your impact and networking.
The theme of the event is Rooted. The selected speakers represent movers and thinkers who are rooted in Milwaukee, in purpose and in community.
Scheduled speakers at the event include:
- Griselda Aldrete, CEO of Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee, Marquette alumna: mentorship
- Ria Smith, student activist/high school senior: drawing confidence, inspiration from her neighborhood
- Paige Peters, founder/CEO of Rapid Radicals Technology, Marquette alumna: arming yourself with the opportunities around you
- Anna Oakes, CEO of We Restore Humanity: taking ownership of your work, maximize your impact
- Joe Sweeney, New York Times best-selling author: networking and connecting with others
Tickets for the event are available now. Tickets are free for students (must present ID at door to be admitted), General admission for non-students is $10 plus fees.
- Several organizers and speakers joined Marquette President Michael R. Lovell for the Marquette in Milwaukee with Mike Lovell podcast.
TEDxMarquetteU is entirely student run and organized by 16 undergraduate and graduate students representing seven different schools and colleges on Marquette’s campus.
The event is made possible with support from the Marquette University Student Government and the Marquette University Graduate School of Management. The TEDxMarquetteU team is supported by Marquette’s Social Innovation Initiative and 707 Hub.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
For more information, visit tedxmarquetteu.com
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marquette University
Sandefur is a faculty member in the department of sociology and the college of law at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Recently released, The Matriarch details former first lady Barbara Bush’s many accomplishments, struggles and contributions
This is the ninth time in the past 11 years that an AIM team has advanced to the CFA Americas Regional Challenge.