Summer Gallery Night MKE to be held online July 13 through July 18
Milwaukee’s original gallery hop event goes virtual during pandemic.
Milwaukee, WI – July 10, 2020 – The Historic Third Ward Association is pleased to present the first-ever virtual edition of summer Gallery Night MKE which will take place online on the Gallery Night MKE app and website as well as on social media, Monday, July 13 through Saturday, July 18, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Milwaukee’s original gallery hop event has gone virtual. Guests are invited to experience the City’s vast creative culture while remaining socially distant. Utilizing established digital platforms including social media (Instagram and Facebook), as well as the new Gallery Night MKE app, guests can browse through a week-long virtual featurette of local, contemporary, and modern art from the comfort of their homes.
Many artists and galleries will be taking appointments and offering curbside pick-up for purchases. In addition, some galleries will be open for limited public hours Friday and Saturday. Please see specific gallery listings for information.
A list of digital platforms to explore follows:
Gallery Night MKE is presented quarterly by the Historic Third Ward Association. Special thanks to our presenting sponsor Laffey, Leitner & Goode, LLC. Continued thanks to 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, Associated Bank, Halling & Cayo, S.C., Haggerty Museum of Art, The Pfister Hotel, Saint Kate Arts Hotel, and Physician’s Realty Trust.
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Master Trooper Daniel Stainbrook - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 29th, 2021
- Pandemic Surging As Holidays Begin - Erik Gunn - Nov 24th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Officer Daniel J. Daly - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 23rd, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Nov. 30 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Nov 23rd, 2021
- UW Campuses Face Vaccine Mandate For Federal Contractors - Rich Kremer - Nov 22nd, 2021
- DHS Recommends COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose for Anyone 18 and Older - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 19th, 2021
- Hospitals Relying on Temporary Travel Nurses - Shamane Mills - Nov 19th, 2021
- President Thompson, UW mascots celebrate successful Vax Up! “70 for 70” campaign - University of Wisconsin System - Nov 16th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 12th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Rising in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Nov 12th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here