Stop the Wisconsin GOP power grab
Indivisible Madison calls for people statewide to ”Pack the Capitol” for the JFC Hearing on Mon., Dec. 3 at 12:30 pm – and the #RESPECTMYVOTE rally on Mon., Dec. 3 at 5:30pm
Wisconsin Republican leaders will not #RESPECTMYVOTE. These elected officials refuse to accept election results that saw Democrats take every statewide office.
A 141-page bill introduced in extraordinary session would consolidate power with the GOP-controlled legislature. It virtually overturns Wisconsin voters’ call for new leadership. This is nothing less than a coup.
Indivisible Madison is leading the resistance to the GOP leaders’ proposals. They have called for voters from all over the state to pack the Capitol for the Joint Finance Committee (JFC) hearing on Monday, December 3, at 12:30pm. They also have organized the #RESPECTMYVOTE rally at 5:30pm the same day for voters to voice their objections to this power grab.
The Facebook rally event (https://www.facebook.com/events/2491983410817496/) has been shared 800 times as of this writing. 1.2K are going or interested. And a notice to pack the Capitol for the JFC
hearing has been shared more than 400 times.
Twitter has been alive with the help of Ben Wikler – DC Director for MoveOn and a Madison, WI native. He has attracted a lot of national attention and he’s been invaluable advisor to Indivisible Madison. He’s heading from DC to Wisconsin to be at the hearing and rally.
Details for Madison, WI resistance events:
Joint Finance Committee hearing:
WHEN: Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 at 12:30 pm
WHERE: Wisconsin State Capitol, Room 412East
WHO: Indivisible Madison
WHEN: Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 at 5:30 pm
WHERE: State St. steps of the Wisconsin State Capitol
WHO: Indivisible Madison
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/2491983410817496/
Indivisible is a nationwide resistance organization founded shortly after Trump was elected president to resist his and the GOP Congressional agenda. Many of these groups – like Indivisible Madison – have also chosen to fight the state GOP agenda. There are approximately 5,000 resistance groups across the country registered with Indivisible, and nearly 100 in Wisconsin alone. Putting our strength together makes us a power to be reckoned with.
Indivisible Madison specializes in rapid response events and notices. They also organized the recent Trump Is Not Above the Law rally (in 24 hours), put together the organizing team for Families Belong Together (in one week), and organized the Candlelight Vigil in Solidarity with Charlottesville (in 24 hours).
- Vos Thinks Lame-Duck Session Didn’t Go Far Enough - Melanie Conklin - Jul 31st, 2020
- The State of Politics: Court Rulings Against Evers Sow Confusion - Steven Walters - Jul 20th, 2020
- Court Tosses Dems’ Lame-Duck Suit - Laurel White - Jul 16th, 2020
- Op Ed: State High Court Nullifies 2018 Election - James Rowen - Jul 12th, 2020
- WI Supreme Court Upholds GOP Lame-Duck Laws - Laurel White - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on State Supreme Court’s Ruling on Lame Duck - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Lame Duck Supreme Court Upholds Lame Duck GOP Power Grab - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 9th, 2020
- Fitzgerald Reacts to Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision in SEIU vs. Vos - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jul 9th, 2020
- AG Kaul Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling on SEIU v. Vos - Josh Kaul - Jul 9th, 2020
- Wisconsin Budget: State Faces April 16 Deadline for Medicaid Money - Jon Peacock - Apr 7th, 2020
Read more about Lame Duck Laws here