Startup Milwaukee announces TANGIBLE a new program shining a light on Milwaukee’s consumer product startup scene
TANGIBLE will be presented by Husch Blackwell
Milwaukee, WI – Startup Milwaukee is thrilled to announce TANGIBLE presented by Husch Blackwell and Startup Milwaukee, a new program that will showcase consumer product startups being made in Southeast Wisconsin.
“Milwaukee has a rich history of producing consumer product startups from Harley and Pabst to MKE Pretzel and Palermo’s we are a city that makes things.” said Matt Cordio, Co-founder & President of Startup Milwaukee, “TANGIBLE is a platform to highlight the next generation of consumer startups making and tangible products and provide them with the support they need to grow and scale faster here in Southeast Wisconsin.”
Each TANGIBLE program will feature pitches from five consumer product startups. Then, to foster support from the community each startup will focus on two topics:
- What do they know that other consumer startups don’t know, that would help other entrepreneurs launch and scale faster in the Milwaukee region?
- What can the local community do to support the growth of their startup?
The audience will then have a few minutes for Q&A. TANGIBLE will take place on a quarterly basis in the evenings, the venue will rotate. TANGIBLE is free and open to the public thanks to the support of Husch Blackwell.
The inaugural TANGIBLE program will be hosted at the Central Standard Craft Distillery’s production facility located on Milwaukee’s Near West Side on May 9th, 6pm to 8pm. Consumer product startups pitching at the first event include:
- Leashless Lab is dedicated to creating wholesome and sustainable treats for dogs by partnering with Wisconsin breweries to bring the base of our favorite local beers to our canine companions.
- LiteZilla is a handcrafted, glowing, interactive canvas. LiteZilla designs and manufactures custom products and exhibits for medical and hospitality spaces, homes, offices, special events and festivals, houses of worship, children’s museums, libraries, and science centers.
- Madalyn Joy Designs founded by Madalyn Manczek a recent graduate of UW-Madison’s fashion design program is a bespoke lingerie business, encourages women to feel beautiful and confident in their own skin, no matter what shape and size. Custom made and made for you.
- Sleepiphany’s team had an epiphany when it comes to mattresses in a box, one size doesn’t fit all. Other mattress companies tried to make you believe that they created the perfect mattress in a box, but they lied. Sleepiphany’s layered mattress features unprecedented adjustability and relatable design—empowering you to take control of your sleep and change your life.
- The Central Standard Craft Distillery is a craft distillery producing small batch spirits.
TANGIBLE is free and open to the public, register here.
ABOUT STARTUP MILWAUKEE
Startup Milwaukee is building and networking Southeast Wisconsin’s growing startup community through innovative programming and events.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Startup Milwaukee
The premier showcase of resources available to entrepreneurs will return November 11 – 17th, 2019
Marquette students are responsible for running all aspects of the business.
Startup Milwaukee Week launches 2018 programming presented by Advocate Aurora Health