Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas Statement on the Declaration of the 2020 Presidential Election
Milwaukee, WI (November 7, 2020) Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas issued the following statement on the declaration by the Associated Press of the President and Vice President-Elect of the United States:
One of the most distinguishing features of our democracy is the peaceful transition of power. Today, former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris, having been declared by the Associated Press and other news outlets as receiving a plurality of the electoral votes, have been named President and Vice President-Elect of the United States. I congratulate them on their election to the highest offices in the land. In the days ahead, I trust that as a nation we will close ranks and heal the divisions of the 2020 elections to address the most serious and pressing challenges of our time.
I pledge to work with the current administration and our law enforcement partners to ensure that some basic tenets of our democracy, the right to peacefully assemble and the peaceful transition of power, are carried out safely here in our community. And I look forward to working with the new administration and making a strong and safe Milwaukee County.
- New Lawsuit Challenges Election Drop Boxes, Wants Election Thrown Out - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Counting Effectively Completed, Milwaukee County Recount Will Finish on Friday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Back on Schedule - George Christenson - Nov 25th, 2020
- Tempers Flare, Monty Python Crack Offered at Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Recount an Insult to Minority Voters? - Isiah Holmes - Nov 25th, 2020
- Trump Allies Sue To Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- Early Recount Has Small Gain for Trump - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- Op Ed: Republican Slams Party for State Recount - James Wigderson - Nov 24th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here