Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas Statement on the Declaration of the 2020 Presidential Election
Milwaukee, WI (November 7, 2020) Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas issued the following statement on the declaration by the Associated Press of the President and Vice President-Elect of the United States:
One of the most distinguishing features of our democracy is the peaceful transition of power. Today, former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris, having been declared by the Associated Press and other news outlets as receiving a plurality of the electoral votes, have been named President and Vice President-Elect of the United States. I congratulate them on their election to the highest offices in the land. In the days ahead, I trust that as a nation we will close ranks and heal the divisions of the 2020 elections to address the most serious and pressing challenges of our time.
I pledge to work with the current administration and our law enforcement partners to ensure that some basic tenets of our democracy, the right to peacefully assemble and the peaceful transition of power, are carried out safely here in our community. And I look forward to working with the new administration and making a strong and safe Milwaukee County.
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here