Senator Agard Applauds President Biden Taking Steps to Address Gun Violence
MADISON – Today, President Joe Biden took steps to crack down on gun violence and gun violence prevention issues. President Biden announced six executive actions in the wake of several mass shootings across the United States. These actions include tightening restrictions on “ghost guns”, community violence prevention grants, and instructing the Department of Justice and Congress to act on gun violence initiatives and legislation.
“This is what leadership looks like. It is inspiring to see the Biden Administration taking steps to address the gun violence epidemic in our country. Gun violence prevention measures are common sense, and they ensure our friends, neighbors, and families are kept safe. Grocery stores, churches, schools, spas, movie theatres, night clubs, malls, are all places we should feel safe. Gun violence is uniquely an American issue and it is refreshing that President Biden is taking these bold actions to address these senseless crimes. The President is right that the mass shootings we see on a regular basis in our country are a tragedy and an international embarrassment.”
“We can have gun safety measures and still protect the second amendment. Gun owners who skirt the laws do a disservice to responsible gun owners. We can accomplish both, we just need the courage to do so. Today, our President exemplified this courage and determination.
“The leadership from the federal government is refreshing and welcomed. I wish that we could see the same level of concern and action from legislative Republicans in Wisconsin. It’s time for legislators of all political stripes to follow the lead of President Biden and Governor Evers, who incorporated broadly supported gun safety measures in his state budget proposal.”
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Knoxville, TN - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Apr 12th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Applauds Biden-Harris Administration for Executive Action to Curb Gun Violence in Our Communities - State Rep. David Bowen - Apr 8th, 2021
- Senator Agard Applauds President Biden Taking Steps to Address Gun Violence - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 8th, 2021
- AG Kaul, Dem Lawmakers Push New Gun Laws - Laurel White - Apr 1st, 2021
- Senator Agard joins Attorney General Josh Kaul, Senator LaTonya Johnson in Support of Governor Evers’ Gun Safety Budget Provisions - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Gun Owners for Gun Control - Dave Cieslewicz - Mar 28th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Condemns Anti-Asian Hate, Calls for Common Sense Gun Reform - State Rep. David Bowen - Mar 26th, 2021
- Senator Agard responds to Speaker Vos comments regarding gun reform legislation - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 24th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Boulder, Colorado - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Senator Agard Responds to Boulder Shooting, Calls for Immediate Action on Gun Safety in Wisconsin - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about Gun Violence here