Select Kroger Stores Take Part in Federal Retail Pharmacy Program
Kroger joins Walgreens to accelerate vaccination efforts
In the just over two weeks since the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program(link is external) launched, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services announces that certain Kroger stores will start to receive COVID-19 vaccine this week. Kroger joins Walgreens as pharmacy participants in the program to help provide a broader reach into communities in need of vaccine. In Wisconsin, Kroger includes the following Roundy’s grocery stores: Metro Market and Pick-n-Save.
“We are excited to continue to expand Wisconsin’s vaccine infrastructure and provide more access to vaccine by adding another pharmacy partner to this critical program,” said DHS Interim Secretary Karen Timberlake. “While the amount of vaccine in Wisconsin is increasing, it is still not enough to meet demand. Please continue to be patient, and follow good public health practices like wearing a mask and staying home, while we work with vaccinators across the state to get shots in arms.”
The Federal Retail Pharmacy Program is a collaborative effort between the federal government and state health officials to provide free COVID-19 vaccinations at participating pharmacies. Vaccine doses come directly from the federal government and are not taken out of Wisconsin’s weekly allocation. As additional pharmacy partners join the program, they will be listed on the Where can I get vaccinated? webpage in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program section.
For up-to-date information about Wisconsin’s COVID-19 response, visit the DHS COVID-19 webpage. You can also follow @DHSWI on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), or dhs.wi on Instagram(link is external) for more information on COVID-19.
- WI Daily: 804 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,092 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 9th, 2021
- Ad Campaign Launched to Boost Vaccine Confidence - Shamane Mills - Apr 9th, 2021
- Milwaukee Anticipates New COVID-19 Restrictions Next Week - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 9th, 2021
- The City of Milwaukee Order Phase 6 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Apr 9th, 2021
- MTEA calls on MPS School Board to hold Special Meeting to discuss reopening preparations - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Apr 9th, 2021
- Community Organizations Tackle Vaccine Hesitancy - Ana Martinez-Ortiz - Apr 9th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Variants Behind Spiking Cases - Erik Gunn - Apr 9th, 2021
- Regulators OK Utilities’ Plan For Past Due Bills - Danielle Kaeding - Apr 9th, 2021
- Coalition of Leaders Launching Multi-Media and Grassroots Campaign to Build COVID Vaccine Confidence Throughout Milwaukee Area - Healthy MKE - Apr 9th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Updated recommendations for planning and attending events are now available
Grant program supports community outreach efforts
Nearly 600 participating pharmacy locations will be offering COVID-19 vaccinations