School Plans Update
MILWAUKEE – The City of Milwaukee Health Department (MHD) acknowledges the decision to open schools is an emotional one for all parties involved. Children and their safety and development are our priority during this pandemic. We will be doing weekly school safety plan updates on Fridays in order to keep the community apprised of the school plans submitted and approved. As of today, MHD has received 59 total complete plans. In order for a plan to be complete, it must include a MHD K-12 Safety Assessment Checklist. This can be located on our website at: https://city.milwaukee.gov/MMFS. The current K-12 approved schools are listed below.
|Marquette University High School||Salem Lutheran||St. Sava Orthodox School||Pathways High School||Eastbrook Academy||Messmer Catholic School||Garden Homes Lutheran||Highland
|Wisconsin Lutheran||S. Lucas Lutheran||Right Step High School||St. John Paul II||St. Adalbert School||St. Philips Lutheran School||Malaika Early Learning Center|
|Pius XI||Milwaukee Seventh day Adventist||Milwaukee Lutheran High School||Academy of Excellence||St. Josaphat Parish School||Milwaukee College Prep|
|Yeshiva Elementary||Mt. Olive Christian Day||Blessed Savior School||Next Door School|
|St. Marcus||Risen Savior||St. Matthias School||Nativity Jesuit Catholic School|
|Divine Savior Holy Angels||Word of Life Lutheran||St. Vincent Paloltti|
|Milwaukee Montessori||Seeds of Health||Lumin Schools|
|Cross Trainers Academy||Blessed Sacrament||Hope Christian Schools|
|Seton Catholic Schools||St. Augustine||United Community Center Schools|
|St. Sebastian||Mt. Lebanon||Siloah Lutheran School|
|St. Anthony||Christ-St. Peter Lutheran School|
|St. John’s Lutheran|
MHD is continuing to review COVID-19 safety plans for schools that are located in the City of Milwaukee and desire to have options aside from virtual. Plans are reviewed in the order that they are received and prioritized by the open date. Schools will receive an approval letter from the Commissioner of Health. Please visit our new school website page for more information on COVID-19 safety plan submission and webinars.
We have been very mindful not to release specific names of schools to be consistent with our position on sector cases. As a rule, we do not release names of businesses or restaurants publicly or post this information. Next update will be on Friday, October 16, 2020.
- New City Health Order Limits Gatherings - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.2 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 2,883 New COVID-19 Cases, Record 1,350 People Actively Hopspitalized - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,626 New COVID-19 Cases, Another Active Hospitalization Record High - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: Milwaukee County Falls to 14th Worst Outbreak, Even As Cases Accelerate - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2020
- Appeals Court Blocks State Restaurant, Bar Rules - Shawn Johnson - Oct 24th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment at 8.4% - Graham Kilmer - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 10,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Been Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Election Officials Can’t Require Masks At Polls - Laurel White - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WILL Asks Judge to Decide on Merits in Lawsuit Challenging Gov. Evers’s Emergency Declarations - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Oct 23rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Health Department
City of Milwaukee Hosts 2nd Annual Love Without Violence Conference during Domestic Violence Awareness MonthOct 13th, 2020 by City of Milwaukee Health Department
Milwaukee’s Office of Violence Prevention and the Commission on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault to host series of events to increase awareness and engagement for domestic violence prevention.