School Plans Update
MILWAUKEE – The City of Milwaukee Health Department (MHD) acknowledges the decision to open schools is an emotional one for all parties involved. Children and their safety and development are our priority during this pandemic. We will be doing weekly school safety plan updates on Fridays in order to keep the community apprised of the school plans submitted and approved. As of today, MHD has received 59 total complete plans. In order for a plan to be complete, it must include a MHD K-12 Safety Assessment Checklist. This can be located on our website at: https://city.milwaukee.gov/MMFS. The current K-12 approved schools are listed below.
|Marquette University High School||Salem Lutheran||St. Sava Orthodox School||Pathways High School||Eastbrook Academy||Messmer Catholic School|
|Wisconsin Lutheran||S. Lucas Lutheran||Right Step High School||St. John Paul II||St. Adalbert School||St. Philips Lutheran School|
|Pius XI||Milwaukee Seventh day Adventist||Milwaukee Lutheran High School||Academy of Excellence||St. Josaphat Parish School|
|Yeshiva Elementary||Mt. Olive Christian Day||Blessed Savior School||Next Door School|
|St. Marcus||Risen Savior||St. Matthias School||Nativity Jesuit Catholic School|
|Divine Savior Holy Angels||Word of Life Lutheran||St. Vincent Paloltti|
|Milwaukee Montessori||Seeds of Health||Lumin Schools|
|Cross Trainers Academy||Blessed Sacrament||Hope Christian Schools|
|Seton Catholic Schools||St. Augustine||United Community Center Schools|
|St. Sebastian||Mt. Lebanon||Siloah Lutheran School|
|St. Anthony||Christ-St. Peter Lutheran School|
|St. John’s Lutheran|
MHD is continuing to review COVID-19 safety plans for schools that are located in the City of Milwaukee and desire to have options aside from virtual. Plans are reviewed in the order that they are received and prioritized by the open date. Schools will receive an approval letter from the Commissioner of Health. Please visit our new school website page for more information on COVID-19 safety plan submission and webinars.
We have been very mindful not to release specific names of schools to be consistent with our position on sector cases. As a rule, we do not release names of businesses or restaurants publicly or post this information.
Next update will be on Friday, October 2, 2020.
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 349 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 3rd, 2021
- State Capitol Reopens To The Public - Henry Redman - May 3rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here