Resolution seeks to spare Milwaukee We Energies ratepayers from huge Foxconn bill
News release from Alderman Robert J. Bauman
To serve the Foxconn facility in Racine, the American Transmission Company (ATC) is proposing a $140 million substation with high voltage power lines. Alderman Bauman has already called for the City of Milwaukee to explore what, if any, standing the city has as a major utility customer to object to the massive proposed utility project.
ATC has recently been quoted by a local media outlet as saying the project would be funded by Wisconsin ratepayers.
“If nothing is done to alter this project, Milwaukee residents who have no transit connections to Foxconn for future job prospects could be paying for the plant three times: once through their state taxes, a second time through their utility bill and a third time through their property taxes, water bills, and fees,” said Alderman Bauman, chair of the Public Works Committee.
Alderman Bauman’s resolution will be heard by the Public Works Committee on Wednesday, January 24 at 9 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman November 11, 2019
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman October 25, 2019
Capital Improvements Committee learns that Barrett Administration may be abandoning alleys throughout the cityOct 22nd, 2019 by Ald. Bob Bauman
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman October 22, 2019