Resolution seeks to spare Milwaukee We Energies ratepayers from huge Foxconn bill
News release from Alderman Robert J. Bauman
To serve the Foxconn facility in Racine, the American Transmission Company (ATC) is proposing a $140 million substation with high voltage power lines. Alderman Bauman has already called for the City of Milwaukee to explore what, if any, standing the city has as a major utility customer to object to the massive proposed utility project.
ATC has recently been quoted by a local media outlet as saying the project would be funded by Wisconsin ratepayers.
“If nothing is done to alter this project, Milwaukee residents who have no transit connections to Foxconn for future job prospects could be paying for the plant three times: once through their state taxes, a second time through their utility bill and a third time through their property taxes, water bills, and fees,” said Alderman Bauman, chair of the Public Works Committee.
Alderman Bauman’s resolution will be heard by the Public Works Committee on Wednesday, January 24 at 9 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman