Rep. Wachs Says Walker is Using Taxpayer Money to Line the Pockets of His Donors
"That’s outrageous and I think anyone with even a little common sense gets that it is corrupt."
EAU CLAIRE – Rep. Dana Wachs, a Democrat challenging Gov. Scott Walker in November, responded to news just released that the Hammes Company owned by Jon Hammes, Gov. Walker’s campaign finance chairman and donor to Walker’s re-election bid, was just awarded the master planning contract for Foxconn’s 2,900-acre factory campus:
“Frankly, I don’t think Scott Walker is fit to be our governor. Walker is using a taxpayer-funded project to financially benefit his campaign supporters. That’s outrageous and I think anyone with even a little common sense gets that it is corrupt.
“Gov. Walker seems to think that no one will notice he’s using taxpayer money to line the pockets of his donors. I’ve got news for you, Gov. Walker: Wisconsin taxpayers are paying attention.
“We need to vote out corrupt politicians who think it is acceptable to use our tax dollars like their own personal piggy bank. Walker doesn’t get to cut public schools, cut health care, and reduce the wages of working families in Wisconsin only to turn around and make sure his super rich buddies are getting a cut of a nearly $10 billion project.”
Wachs for Wisconsin
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Op Ed: Mistake? Foxconn Was a Whopper - John Torinus - Oct 30th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Dana Wachs
"Now is the time for unity."
"It’s about time that every worker be able to earn a fair, living wage at a safe job with decent working conditions."
"Their challenge was ridiculous and that’s why the Elections Commission rejected it."