Rep. Robyn Vining Urges Passage of Fair Maps Legislation
MADISON – Monday, State Representative Deb Andraca (D-Whitefish Bay) and State Senator Jeff Smith (D-Eau Claire) introduced fair maps legislation that would create nonpartisan redistricting reform in Wisconsin. State Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) is a co-author of this bill, and introduced this legislation in the 2019-2020 legislative session. Rep. Vining issued the following statement in support:
“The people of Wisconsin have a constitutional right to fair representation. Over 70% of Wisconsinites, from across the political spectrum, and 55 of 72 Wisconsin counties believe we need non-partisan fair maps, so we will fight for them with everything we’ve got.
“The will of the people is the law of the land, and the voice of the people is the heart of our state. Every vote deserves equal value. It is time for Wisconsin to have fair maps.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- Rushed Redistricting Bill Drafted In March - Melanie Conklin - Jun 13th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Urges Passage of Fair Maps Legislation - State Rep. Robyn Vining - May 19th, 2021
- Capitol Rally For Nonpartisan Redistricting - Shawn Johnson - May 18th, 2021
- Fight For Fair Maps Heats Up - Ruth Conniff - May 16th, 2021
- State Supreme Court Rejects Redistricting Rule Change - Shawn Johnson - May 14th, 2021
- Law Forward on Supreme Court Rejection of Redistricting Rulemaking Petition - Law Forward - May 14th, 2021
- Republicans Lose Lawyers Before Redistricting Starts - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 29th, 2021
- Judge Prohibits Republicans Using Private Lawyers for Redistricting - Shawn Johnson - Apr 29th, 2021
- Op Ed: How Gerrymandered Are We? - Kevin Baas - Apr 29th, 2021
- Murphy’s Laws: The New Gerrymandering Scheme - Bruce Murphy - Apr 27th, 2021
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here