Rep. Robyn Vining Urges Passage of Fair Maps Legislation
MADISON – Monday, State Representative Deb Andraca (D-Whitefish Bay) and State Senator Jeff Smith (D-Eau Claire) introduced fair maps legislation that would create nonpartisan redistricting reform in Wisconsin. State Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) is a co-author of this bill, and introduced this legislation in the 2019-2020 legislative session. Rep. Vining issued the following statement in support:
“The people of Wisconsin have a constitutional right to fair representation. Over 70% of Wisconsinites, from across the political spectrum, and 55 of 72 Wisconsin counties believe we need non-partisan fair maps, so we will fight for them with everything we’ve got.
“The will of the people is the law of the land, and the voice of the people is the heart of our state. Every vote deserves equal value. It is time for Wisconsin to have fair maps.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- DOJ Joins Coalition Urging Supreme Court Not to Weaken Voting Rights Act Protections in Alabama Redistricting Case - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Jul 25th, 2022
- The State of Politics: How Republicans Won Redistricting Fight - Steven Walters - Apr 25th, 2022
- Redistricting Update - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Apr 18th, 2022
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Reacting to Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision Regarding Redistricting - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 15th, 2022
- Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District Might Be Competitive Again - Shawn Johnson - Apr 15th, 2022
- Data Wonk: State’s Gerrymander Could Last Forever - Bruce Thompson - Mar 30th, 2022
- Op Ed: US Supreme Court Throws State Election Into Chaos - Ruth Conniff - Mar 27th, 2022
- Redistricting Case Returns to State Supreme Court - Shawn Johnson - Mar 25th, 2022
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on U.S. Supreme Court Decision Regarding Redistricting - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 23rd, 2022
- US Supreme Court Rejects State’s Legislative Maps - Shawn Johnson - Mar 23rd, 2022
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here