Rep. Robyn Vining Supports Wearing Masks to Save Lives
MADISON – Yesterday, the Wisconsin State Assembly passed a joint resolution to overturn the statewide public health emergency order and mandatory mask order, with the vote being 52-42. Soon after the Assembly voted, Governor Tony Evers issued another public health emergency order and mandatory mask order, effective immediately until March 20th, 2021.
Today, Legislative Democrats introduced a bill, LRB-1809, to create a statewide mask order for the remainder of the pandemic. The proposed statewide mask order would be in effect until the conclusion of the national emergency declared by the President of the United States in response to COVID-19. Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) issued the following statement in response:
“The majority of Wisconsinites favor wearing masks to protect their neighbors and neighborhoods — this is not a partisan issue. I was grateful that some of my colleagues across the aisle joined our vote to protect the mask mandate yesterday. It is time we come together to find common ground for the common good.
“The bottom line is we need masks to continue the fight against this virus, and we must do everything we can to protect the health and safety of the people of Wisconsin. We have introduced this bill to continue this commitment, and call on our legislative colleagues to pass it immediately.
“Wear a mask. Love your neighborhood. And to my fellow legislators, let’s come together to find common ground for the common good.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
- Suit Asks State Supreme Court to Toss Mask Order - Erik Gunn - Feb 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Why the War on Masks? Gerrymandering - Mel Barnes - Feb 7th, 2021
- Will Supreme Court Act on Mask Mandate? - Erik Gunn - Feb 6th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Supports Wearing Masks to Save Lives - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Feb 5th, 2021
- Rep. Rodriguez: Authors Legislation to Create Statewide Mask Order - State Rep. Sara Rodriguez - Feb 5th, 2021
- Democrats Take Action to Protect Public Health - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Feb 5th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Senate Joint Resolution 3 and Executive Order #105 - State Rep. David Bowen - Feb 4th, 2021
- Republicans End Mask Mandate, Evers Puts It Back In Place - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 4th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Assembly Republicans’ Actions to Disregard the Lives and Livelihoods of Wisconsinites - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Feb 4th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Puts Public Health Before Politics, Signs New Public Health Emergency - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 4th, 2021
Read more about Statewide Mask Mandate here