Rep. Robyn Vining Statement on Passage of Amended Assembly Bill 1
MADISON – Today, the Wisconsin State Assembly passed an amended version of Assembly Bill 1, with Assembly Republicans adding additional amendments with provisions that had been removed from the version of the bill that had passed the Wisconsin State Senate with bipartisan support earlier this month. Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) issued the following statement in response:
“I appreciate the State Senate working to compromise and amend Assembly Bill 1, and it is my hope that this show of bipartisanship will continue into further action by the legislature. I drove to Madison today with the hopes of passing the version of Assembly Bill 1 that passed the Senate, that had bipartisan support from Governor Evers and the Wisconsin State Senate. Instead, the Assembly Republicans decided to cast bipartisanship aside, and cast aside the compromise work of their Senate counterparts to play political games. A devastating pandemic that has created both a public health crisis and an economic crisis is no time for political games. In April we were able to overcome partisanship, and I wish it was in that same spirit that my Republican colleagues had shown up to work today.
“I have been ready for months to pass legislation that will provide relief and protections to the people of Wisconsin in response to this virus. The time is now to act on legislative proposals that will protect the lives and livelihoods of the people of Wisconsin.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here