Rep. Robyn Vining Applauds the “We’re All In” Small Business Initiative
MADISON – Today, Governor Evers and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) unveiled the “We’re All In” initiative, a Rapid Execution Small Business Grant Program utilizing $75 million of funding from the federal CARES Act. This program will provide cash grants to Wisconsin small businesses to assist with the costs of business interruption or for health and safety improvements, wages and salaries, rent, mortgages, and inventory.
The $75 million in assistance will be administered through the WEDC, and businesses will be able to apply starting in early June. The cash grants will be $2,500 each and 30,000 grants will be awarded. Small businesses with 20 or less full-time equivalent (FTE) employees and less than $1 million in annual revenue will be eligible to apply. Businesses that have not yet received federal assistance will have priority in receiving WEDC Rapid Execution Small Business grants.
State Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) released the following statement in support of this new small business assistance program:
“Small businesses are the heart and soul of Wisconsin communities, and make up the very fabric of our state. The COVID-19 pandemic has struck a devastating blow to small business. This public health crisis has had monstrous ramifications on the economy, small business taking a particularly hard hit. As Wisconsinites, we’ve got to come together as a state and fight back on behalf of our small businesses and our small business owners. Providing relief to small businesses in Wisconsin that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic is a crucial part of our response to and recovery from this public health and economic crisis, and I applaud Governor Evers for prioritizing relief for small businesses.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- Trump Directives Fall Flat in Wisconsin - Erik Gunn - Aug 12th, 2020
- For the sake of Wisconsin’s schools, state legislators urge U.S. Senate Delegation to pass the HEROES Act - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Receives Nursing Assistance from USDVA and WI National Guard - Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 1,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Died From COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2020
- DPW Responds to 1,000 Wisconsinites Dying from COVID-19 - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 11th, 2020
- Wisconsin COVID-19 Death Toll Surpasses 1,000 - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 11th, 2020
- School Reopening Plans Get Failing Grades - Terry Falk - Aug 11th, 2020
- Universities Require COVID-19 Pledge - Rich Kremer - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Jump To 74-Day High - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 10th, 2020
- Wisconsinites Deserve to Know Where Our Elected Officials Stand on Donald Trump’s Executive Orders - A Better Wisconsin Together - Aug 10th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Robyn Vining