Recount seeks to delegitimize our votes in a failed attempt to steal an election
Statement from members of the Milwaukee Common Council – Alderwoman Chantia Lewis, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderman Mark A. Borkowski, Alderman Nik Kovac, Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II and Alderman Ashanti Hamilton
The Trump Campaign is seeking a recount of the votes cast in Milwaukee and Dane counties on November 3rd, in what is a clear attempt to somehow cast doubt on the outcome of the election in Wisconsin by looking for evidence of non-existent voter fraud.
The recount, focused on Wisconsin’s most diverse counties where by far the state’s largest populations of Black and brown people reside, is not only without merit, it is RACIST and despicable!
To seek to delegitimize and disenfranchise voters after a clear and sizable election result (where you lost fair and square, Mr. President) is, in our view, purely evil.
Our election workers worked diligently and our system operated without any major problems amid huge voter turnout during a pandemic. Our system allowed a massive number of voters to vote absentee by mail, so we could help them vote and avoid jamming polling locations on Election Day.
We have to say we are proud of the way we handled this election, and we stand firmly behind our Election Commission and those who worked this historic election across Milwaukee County.
Wisconsin has spoken, now we all have to move on and work to unify the country.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Common Council
Joint statement from Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa, Alderman Nik Kovac, Alderman Robert J. Bauman, Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd, Alderman Mark A. Borkowski, Alderman José G. Pérez and Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic
Joint Statement from members of the Milwaukee Common Council: Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderman Ashanti Hamilton, Alderwoman Chantia Lewis, Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II, Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd and Alderman Cavalier Johnson
Joint statement from members of the Milwaukee Common Council: Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderman Ashanti Hamilton, Alderman Cavalier Johnson, Alderman Nik Kovac, Alderman Robert J. Bauman, Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa, Alderwoman Chantia Lewis, Alderman Michael J. Murphy, Alderman Mark Borkowski, Alderman José G. Pérez, Alderman Scott Spiker, Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic and Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II