REALTORS® Welcome Foxconn
Market Highlights: Great News for SE Wisconsin Housing Market, Construction Boom on the Horizon, Improved Quality of Life
July 27, 2017 – Southeastern Wisconsin will see significant gains in new construction, unit sales, and increased values with the Foxconn development.
|3 County Area||6,599||7,078||7.3%|
The Racine-Kenosha-Walworth market area has seen solid gains in unit sales in recent years. With the additional jobs moving into the area, more new homes, condos, and apartment buildings will need to be built, which will grow the market exponentially.
Additionally, small and large commercial structures, like office buildings, grocery stores, specialty shops, etc. will need to be built to accommodate the new workers and their families moving into the area.
The scale of new growth is probably somewhat similar to what the City of Milwaukee experienced after WWII, when the city saw acre, upon acre of new housing and commercial development radiate out from the city center to the south, west and north.
The value of existing homes in the 3 county area has not quite matched its pre-recession peak, but it is closing in. With the Foxconn announcement, values should rise a little faster in coming years.
|County||Annual Sale Price||%
The new households that will be added to the area will also push demand for more quality of life services, like schools and parks. The state has a rich history of high quality public education and public services, which will be critical as new home buyers decide where to live.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS®
From grilling the best sliders to creating delicious vegan meals, guests will be inspired to create the perfect summer snacks.