Public Hearing on Proposed Marijuana Referendum Set for Thursday
The referendum question would ask Milwaukee County voters if they favor or oppose allowing personal marijuana use, commercial regulation, and taxation of the plant.
MILWAUKEE – The Committee on Judiciary, Safety and General Services will consider a proposal to place an advisory referendum on the November ballot this Thursday. The referendum question would ask Milwaukee County voters if they favor or oppose allowing personal marijuana use, commercial regulation, and taxation of the plant.
The meeting of the Judiciary Committee was rescheduled from Friday, May 11 to Thursday, May 10, and will take place at 9:00AM in room 203-R.
Supervisor John F. Weishan, Jr.‘s proposed referendum question would ask voters “Do you favor allowing adults 21 years of age and older to engage in the personal use of marijuana, while also regulating commercial marijuana-related activities, and imposing a tax on the sale of marijuana?”
Committee meetings are open to the public and provide an opportunity for public comment.
Thursday’s meeting will also be live streamed via the County Legislative Information Center.
If the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors adopts Weishan’s resolution, the County Clerk will add the referendum question to all Milwaukee County ballots for the November election.
WHAT: Meeting of the Committee on Judiciary, Safety, and General Services
WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 9:00AM
WHERE: Milwaukee County Courthouse, Room 203-R
- A Day to Consider Legalizing Pot - Isiah Holmes - Apr 20th, 2020
- New ACLU Report: Black People Four Times More Likely to Get Arrested for Marijuana Possession in Wisconsin - American Civil Liberties Union of Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2020
- ‘When, Not If’ Medical Marijuana Is Legalized - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2020
- State Residents Cross Border for Legal Pot - Corri Hess - Jan 3rd, 2020
- GOP Bill Legalizes Medical Marijuana - Shawn Johnson - Dec 11th, 2019
- The Cannabis Question: More People Using Pot as Medicine - Shayli Kipnis - Nov 9th, 2019
- The Cannabis Question: Bill Eases Burdens On Pot Offenders - Natalie Yahr - Nov 6th, 2019
- The Cannabis Question: Pot Possession Charges Cause Big Problems - Natalie Yahr - Nov 2nd, 2019
- Bill Would Decriminalize Pot Possession - Laurel White - Oct 30th, 2019
- Senator Larson Continues to Support Legalization and Decriminalization of Marijuana - State Sen. Chris Larson - Oct 30th, 2019
Read more about Legalizing of Marijuana here