Public Hearing on Proposed Marijuana Referendum Set for Thursday
The referendum question would ask Milwaukee County voters if they favor or oppose allowing personal marijuana use, commercial regulation, and taxation of the plant.
MILWAUKEE – The Committee on Judiciary, Safety and General Services will consider a proposal to place an advisory referendum on the November ballot this Thursday. The referendum question would ask Milwaukee County voters if they favor or oppose allowing personal marijuana use, commercial regulation, and taxation of the plant.
The meeting of the Judiciary Committee was rescheduled from Friday, May 11 to Thursday, May 10, and will take place at 9:00AM in room 203-R.
Supervisor John F. Weishan, Jr.‘s proposed referendum question would ask voters “Do you favor allowing adults 21 years of age and older to engage in the personal use of marijuana, while also regulating commercial marijuana-related activities, and imposing a tax on the sale of marijuana?”
Committee meetings are open to the public and provide an opportunity for public comment.
Thursday’s meeting will also be live streamed via the County Legislative Information Center.
If the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors adopts Weishan’s resolution, the County Clerk will add the referendum question to all Milwaukee County ballots for the November election.
WHAT: Meeting of the Committee on Judiciary, Safety, and General Services
WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 9:00AM
WHERE: Milwaukee County Courthouse, Room 203-R
More about the Legalizing of Marijuana
- A Sweep for Marijuana Referendums! - Gretchen Schuldt - Nov 7th, 2018
- 52 Legislative Candidates Support Legal Pot - Isiah Holmes - Oct 11th, 2018
- Election Asks Voters About Legal Pot - John Davis - Sep 29th, 2018
- Pot Referendums on November Ballot - Gretchen Schuldt - Aug 30th, 2018
- Roys Releases Video Outlining Benefits to Legalizing Cannabis in Wisconsin - Kelda Roys - Jul 26th, 2018
- County Board Okays Pot Referendum - Gretchen Schuldt - May 25th, 2018
- County Board Overwhelmingly Approves Marijuana Referendum for November 6 Ballot - Sup. John F. Weishan, Jr. - May 24th, 2018
- Court Watch: Just 13% of City’s Pot Cases Involve Whites - Gretchen Schuldt - May 15th, 2018
- MKE County: Committee Okays Referendum on Legalizing Pot - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2018
- Public Hearing on Proposed Marijuana Referendum Set for Thursday - Sup. John F. Weishan, Jr. - May 9th, 2018
- Photo Gallery: Cannabis Marchers Demand Legalization - Jack Fennimore - May 7th, 2018
- Supervisor Weishan Proposing Marijuana Referendum for November Ballot - Sup. John F. Weishan, Jr. - May 3rd, 2018
- March for Cannabis – 8th Annual March to Legalize Cannabis in Wisconsin - Southeastern WI NORML - Apr 27th, 2018
- Op Ed: Public Opposes Trump Crackdown on Pot - Casey Hoff - Jan 6th, 2018
- Op Ed: Anti-Marijuana Campaign Is Misguided - Isiah Holmes - Dec 8th, 2017
- Op Ed: Don’t Legalize Marijuana - Bob Dohnal - Dec 6th, 2017
- Matt Flynn Comes Out in Favor of Legalizing Marijuana - Matt Flynn - Nov 14th, 2017
- Dem Lawmakers Push To Legalize Medical Marijuana - Dave Fidlin - Nov 2nd, 2017
- Legalizing Pot Could Be Windfall For Wisconsin - Gretchen Schuldt - Sep 29th, 2017
- Op Ed: Reduce Penalties for Pot Possession - Gretchen Schuldt - Aug 7th, 2017
- Op Ed: We Must Legalize Marijuana - State Rep. David Crowley - Jul 21st, 2017
- Gov. Scott Walker Defense of Taking Donation From Marijuana Industry Advocates While Calling For More Drug Testing: $25,000 Check Too Small to Influence Him - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 21st, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Sup. John F. Weishan, Jr.
The Milwaukee County Clerk will add the referendum question to all Milwaukee County ballots for the November 6, 2018 election.
"It's time for Wisconsin to join the many states across the country that have legalized marijuana..."
Funds would pay for more deputies and legal costs