Public comment wanted for next set of cabinet-level appointees
Leadership for Public Works, Water Works, Port, Health Department and Emergency Management & Communications Director set for this week
Joint statement from Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II, Alderman Ashanti Hamilton, Alderwoman Chantia Lewis, Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, Alderman Mark Borkowski, Alderman Cavalier Johnson and Alderman Nik Kovac
This week, five additional cabinet-level appointees will be before various committees of the Common Council for discussion throughout the week.
Public comment is encouraged for the upcoming appointments. This is a moment for us as policy makers to make sure that we have the necessary discussions with department heads to improve service delivery and quality of life in neighborhoods, and input from residents is vital in that process. We urge residents to continue making their voices heard as we work to build a stronger Milwaukee. The initial discussions that occurred with cabinet-level appointees yielded positive results, and we look forward to hearing more plans and action items from the forthcoming appointees.
Due to limitations of accepting public comment through virtual meetings, alternative options have been established to receive questions and statements from the public. Residents are encouraged to comment online via an e-commenting feature in the City’s Legistar system.
The following appointments will be heard the week of July 13:
- On Wednesday, July 15 file # 200193 – Reappointment of Jeff Polenske as the Commissioner of Public Works, file # 200189 – Reappointment of Karen Dettmer as the Superintendent of Water Works, and file #200286 – Reappointment of Adam Schlicht as Municipal Port Director will be before the Public Works Committee.
- On Thursday, July 16 file #200419 – Reappointment of Jeanette Kowalik as Commissioner of Health and file #200421 – Reappointment of Kyle Mirehouse as Emergency Management & Communications Director will be before the Public Safety and Health Committee.
Those interested in providing comment electronically should follow these steps:
- Visit legistar.com/Calendar.
- Select the “e-comment” button across from the meeting during which the desired appointment will occur. Meeting info is listed above.
- Scroll down to the item number that corresponds to the desired appointment and click the “comment” button.
- Fill in the necessary information, select a position and type a comment in the comment box. Note that comments are limited to 600 characters.
- Hit submit.
All meetings will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Common Council
Joint Statement on Death of Milwaukee Police OfficerFeb 7th, 2023 by Milwaukee Common Council
From Alderman Mark Chambers, Jr., Alderman Jonathan Brostoff, Alderman Robert J. Bauman, Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa, Alderman Michael J. Murphy, Alderman Mark A. Borkowski, Alderman José G. Pérez, Alderman Scott Spiker, Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, and Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II
Help keep our community safe amid harsh winter weatherDec 22nd, 2022 by Milwaukee Common Council
Joint statement from: Alderman Scott Spiker, Alderman Mark Borkowski, Alderman Jonathan Brostoff, Alderman Michael J. Murphy, Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II, Alderman Robert J. Bauman, Common Council President José G. Pérez, Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa, Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderman Mark Chambers, Jr. and Alderman Khalif J. Rainey
Statement on the proposed closing of the Ascension St. Francis Hospital labor and delivery unitDec 20th, 2022 by Milwaukee Common Council
From Alderman Scott Spiker, Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa, Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, and Common Council President José G. Pérez