Power Tends to Corrupt, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
"Republican leaders have tasted power, and it’s corrupted them through their core."
Madison – Rep. Jimmy Anderson released the following statement on the Extraordinary Session scheduled for today.
“Republicans have demanded that we hold a special session of the legislature and to do what? To make health care more affordable or accessible? No. To fix our crumbling roads? No. To invest in our schools? No. What Republicans want to do is spend millions of taxpayer dollars to rig an upcoming election and strip Governor elect Evers of powers that Governor Walker enjoyed for eight years. We won’t stand by and allow Republicans to cheat the system. The people of Wisconsin deserve better.”
“When you’ve gerrymandered yourself into a permanent majority, stripped power from a governor-elect to curtail his influence, and worked to suppress the vote, you’re no longer legislating for the state of Wisconsin, you’re legislating for yourself. We’ve had 8 years of 1 party dominance that has been used to enrich allies and thwart the will of the people. Republican leaders have tasted power, and it’s corrupted them through their core.”
- State Supreme Court Dismisses AG’s Lame-Duck Lawsuit - Ruth Conniff - Mar 25th, 2021
- Kaul Sues Legislature Over Lame Duck Laws - Melanie Conklin - Nov 24th, 2020
- AG Kaul Announces Legal Action to Allow DOJ to Again Enforce Wisconsin Laws Without Unconstitutional Legislative Interference - Josh Kaul - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Vos Thinks Lame-Duck Session Didn’t Go Far Enough - Melanie Conklin - Jul 31st, 2020
- The State of Politics: Court Rulings Against Evers Sow Confusion - Steven Walters - Jul 20th, 2020
- Court Tosses Dems’ Lame-Duck Suit - Laurel White - Jul 16th, 2020
- Op Ed: State High Court Nullifies 2018 Election - James Rowen - Jul 12th, 2020
- WI Supreme Court Upholds GOP Lame-Duck Laws - Laurel White - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on State Supreme Court’s Ruling on Lame Duck - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Lame Duck Supreme Court Upholds Lame Duck GOP Power Grab - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 9th, 2020
Read more about Lame Duck Laws here