Potential Impact to Certain Individuals Who Received Services From Wisconsin Medicaid Long-Term Care Programs
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced today that an unauthorized individual gained access to an email account on February 19, 2021. This unauthorized access was disabled quickly following discovery that day. DHS conducted an investigation of the unauthorized access, and determined that it may have exposed names, member identification numbers, dates of birth, some Social Security numbers, address, and health information such as medical conditions and treatment information. No known exposure has occurred.
Since discovering the unauthorized access on February 19, 2021, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services has taken actions to improve its security posture. DHS has also requested that the Department of Administration and the State’s Chief Information Security Officer conduct a review of Department of Health Services’ security protocols protecting personal health information including the adequacy of our information system protections against malicious phishing attacks.
Individuals in the above programs who received a notification letter or have questions about this incident, can call 1-833-664-2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday.
- Governor Evers, DHS Announce Enhanced COVID-19 Testing Support for Schools - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccination clinic and meal giveaway to occur June 23 - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Jun 21st, 2021
- Supervisor Coggs-Jones and Community Huddle to Host COVID-19 Vaccination Drive - Sup. Priscilla E Coggs-Jones - Jun 21st, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases at Historic Low - Graham Kilmer - Jun 18th, 2021
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Pregnant people in six Wisconsin counties should be screened for syphilis at least twice during pregnancy
With the addition of new variant of concern, DHS urges vaccination to combat COVID-19
Multiple COVID-19 vaccination options continue to be available