Pocan: “President Trump’s Superspreader Events A Danger to Wisconsin”
MADISON, WI – Today, Congressman Mark Pocan (D-WI) condemned the President’s third trip in a week to Wisconsin, as cases continue to surge across the state. President Trump announced he will be in Green Bay on Friday, despite Brown County’s 46.4% positivity rate yesterday with 515 new cases. Statewide, yesterday Wisconsin hit new single-day records with 5,262 new COVID cases, 64 deaths & and a 31.8% positivity rate.
“Donald Trump has proven that he has no regard for the lives of Wisconsinites,” said Congressman Pocan. “Three superspreader rallies in a week as our state passes 200,000 COVID cases is not just ill-advised—it is criminal. There are ways to engage voters without threatening their lives. I hope local authorities will do everything in their power to prevent this irresponsible gathering of mostly maskless people in Brown County where almost half the people tested yesterday, tested positive. This callous disregard for human life should be met with fierce opposition from all local leaders and law enforcement who profess to care about Wisconsin lives. Wisconsin is not ‘rounding the corner,’ especially not with more superspreader rallies from Donald Trump. Anyone who enables these actions from the President is enabling the death of more Wisconsinites.”
- WI Daily: Record 107 COVID-19 Deaths Reported - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- City Will Issue Higher COVID-19 Fines - Graham Kilmer - Dec 1st, 2020
- Leaders of Wisconsin’s Two Medical Schools Urge Everyone to Take Action During the COVID-19 Outbreak - Medical College of Wisconsin - Dec 1st, 2020
- 49 AGs Urge Congress to Pass Extension for CARES Act Funding as Pandemic Impacts Economy - Josh Kaul - Dec 1st, 2020
- Op Ed: Paging Dr. Johnson - Bill Kaplan - Dec 1st, 2020
- Pharmacies Say Reforms Needed for Vaccine - Rich Kremer - Dec 1st, 2020
- WI Daily: 2,524 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 30th, 2020
- Pandemic Slams State’s Hotels - Corri Hess - Nov 30th, 2020
- The State of Politics: How Evers Spent $2 Billion to Fight Covid - Steven Walters - Nov 30th, 2020
- WILL Files Motion for Contempt After City of Racine Ignores Supreme Court Order - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 30th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep Mark Pocan
Millions in funding for UW programs, F-35 noise mitigation and rural broadband.