Overnight maintenance to begin near the Marquette Interchange
The week of July 6, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is scheduled to begin planned pavement maintenance along roadway sections approaching the Marquette Interchange in downtown Milwaukee. This night work is part of a long-term maintenance plan to ensure the infrastructure maximizes its serviceable life.
- Milling out and replacing the top wearing surface of asphaltic pavement to repair the deteriorated pavement surface
- Installing a High Friction Surface Treatment on the I-94 eastbound system ramp to I-43 northbound
- New pavement marking
- New highway signing
What to Expect
- To help minimize traffic impacts, all work will occur during the overnight hours. Any temporary lane restrictions or ramp closures are scheduled to occur during nightly off-peak hours.
2020 Work: (July to October)
- West leg of the interchange along I-94 between 20th Street and 13th Street
- East leg of the interchange along I-794 between I-43 and James Lovell Street
2021 Work: (Summer months)
- North leg of the interchange along I-43 between Michigan Street and Halyard Street
- High Friction Surface Treatment on the I-94 eastbound system ramp to I-43 northbound
The contractor, Payne & Dolan Inc., plans on completing the $7 million project by late summer of 2021. This tentative work schedule is subject to change. More information about the project can be found at: https://projects.511wi.gov/marq/