Online, by mail voter registration deadline is today
The deadline for Wisconsin residents to register to vote online or by mail is TODAY – Wednesday, October 14th. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is urging residents still needing to register to know all their options and to make a plan for registration and voting.
Those wanting to register to vote online can do so by visiting www.MyVote.WI.Gov. Registering online will require a valid diver license or state ID. Voter registration by mail must be postmarked by October 14th and include a voter registration form along with proper proof of residence. Proof of residence may include: a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or state ID; any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit; a utility bill for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day; bank or credit card statements; and a paycheck or paystub. For a full list of acceptable proof of residence documents please click here.
After October 14th, residents can still register to vote in-person at any early voting site, their local clerk’s office through 5 p.m. on October 30th, or at their polling site on Election Day. Registering to vote in-person requires a proper proof of residence and for those voting on the same day, a photo ID is required.
- AG Kaul, MKE Exec Crowley, Assembly Candidate Emily Siegrist Call Out Trump Ahead of Visit - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 24th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Visit to West Salem - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin Statement on Last Night’s Debate - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 23rd, 2020
- The Collective Launches National Voter Engagement Effort in Milwaukeee - The Collective PAC - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Launches Voter Education, Ballot Counting Website - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2020
- Milwaukee A Leader In By-Mail and In-Person Early Voting - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- City of Milwaukee Election Commission Launches 414 Votes Website Featuring Daily Voter Tracker - Mayor Tom Barrett - Oct 21st, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Visit to Wisconsin - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 21st, 2020
- Barrett, Others Stump for Biden-Harris - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- Where and When To Vote Early in Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson October 14, 2020