Online, by mail voter registration deadline is today
The deadline for Wisconsin residents to register to vote online or by mail is TODAY – Wednesday, October 14th. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is urging residents still needing to register to know all their options and to make a plan for registration and voting.
Those wanting to register to vote online can do so by visiting www.MyVote.WI.Gov. Registering online will require a valid diver license or state ID. Voter registration by mail must be postmarked by October 14th and include a voter registration form along with proper proof of residence. Proof of residence may include: a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or state ID; any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit; a utility bill for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day; bank or credit card statements; and a paycheck or paystub. For a full list of acceptable proof of residence documents please click here.
After October 14th, residents can still register to vote in-person at any early voting site, their local clerk’s office through 5 p.m. on October 30th, or at their polling site on Election Day. Registering to vote in-person requires a proper proof of residence and for those voting on the same day, a photo ID is required.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here