Near West Side Partners Applauds Governor Evers’ Proposed Funding of State Office Building in Near West Side
Proposed Office Building and Parking Structure for 1,000 Employees Included in Capital Budget
The inclusion of $163 million in the State of Wisconsin’s proposed Capital Budget is a significant milestone in the catalytic development of this commercial corridor in the Near West Side.
The Milwaukee State Office Building (MSOB) and parking structure at 27th Street and Wisconsin Avenue will serve as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization, bringing new developments and job opportunities along one of Milwaukee’s key commercial corridors and supporting unprecedented public and private investments in the Near West Side. The MSOB will support 1,000 jobs and will house and consolidate many state agencies’ operations.
Near West Side Partners has a strong, proactive vision for the development of the key commercial corridors in Milwaukee’s Near West Side, and since its inception in 2014, NWSP and its anchor institutions have made transformational change in the Near West Side. For several years, Near West Side Partners worked to assemble and prepare a parcel that provides an ideal location for the Milwaukee State Office Building.
On behalf of Near West Side Partners and each of our anchor institutions, residents, local businesses and neighborhood assets, I want to thank Governor Evers for his commitment to our community. We welcome continued investment in our neighborhood by the State of Wisconsin, and we look forward to working with the State and other key stakeholders to bring further economic development to Milwaukee’s Near West Side.
ABOUT NEAR WEST SIDE PARTNERS, INC:
Near West Side Partners, Inc. is a non-profit organization with a mission to revitalize and sustain the Near West Side as a thriving business and residential corridor, through collaborative efforts to promote commercial corridor development, improved housing, unified neighborhood identity and branding, and greater safety for residents and businesses. Near West Side Partners, Inc. is an organization of businesses and civic leaders from throughout the Near West Side, including the organization’s five anchor institutions – Advocate Aurora Health, Harley-Davidson, Marquette University, MolsonCoors and Potawatomi Business Development Corp.
- Republicans Reject Evers Entire Capital Budget - Shawn Johnson - Mar 17th, 2021
- Evers’ Capital Budget Spends $2.4 Billion - Shawn Johnson and Rich Kremer - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Near West Side Partners Applauds Governor Evers’ Proposed Funding of State Office Building in Near West Side - Near West Side Partners, Inc. - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Mayor Tom Barrett released the following statement: - Mayor Tom Barrett - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Plats and Parcels: New State Office Building Project Takes Major Step Forward - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 14th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Building Commission Approves Projects - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 11th, 2021
- Plats and Parcels: State Grant Will Support 27th and Wisconsin Demolition - Jeramey Jannene - May 3rd, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: No New State Office Building Until 2022? - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 4th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: State Office Building Gets Boost - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 27th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: “Catalytic” West Side Project Coming? - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 10th, 2020
Read more about New State Office Building here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Near West Side Partners, Inc.
Building at West Michigan Street gives startup Atomix the infrastructure to grow
“Brave Brothers” installation blends sports history with racial justice
From Sept. 12 - Sept. 18, neighbors, visitors and business owners will celebrate Milwaukee’s neighborhood of neighborhoods with events, activities, free food and more