Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. Receives Donation of Generator from Briggs & Stratton
Update on North End Construction Projects
MILWAUKEE, WI (March 14, 2018) – Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (MWF) officials announced today that Briggs & Stratton has donated a 60kW commercial standby generator, equipped with an industrial grade engine for reliable back-up power. The new generator will power the North end of Henry Maier Festival Park from the Johnson Controls World Sound Stage to the North Gate in the event of a power outage or emergency, and will safely light the area allowing patrons to exit the grounds.
In addition, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is excited to provide an update on the various construction projects occurring on the North End of Henry Maier Festival Park, including the North Entry Gate and Community Plaza and the renovation of the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage. Construction is expected to be completed in time for Summerfest 2018.
North Entry Gate/Community Plaza:
- The North Gate ticket building is now enclosed. When completed, it will double the number of ticket selling locations. Red metal wall panels will soon be added to the exterior of the ticket building.
- The turnstile canopy is in place and will feature new technology and security components.
- The Community Plaza is taking shape – the area is rough graded, utilities are in place, and preparations are being made for final components.
U.S. Cellular Connection Stage:
- The stage structure foundation and walls are in place. The new U.S. Cellular stage has been relocated to the east side of the stage seating area.
- The structural steel beams that will form the stage roof are currently being installed.
- The main walkway sign structure is up and will be the main infrastructure for cell phone charging stations, which are installed at the base of the sign
“These projects are truly an example of how our sponsors continue to contribute to this world-class facility and enhance our fan’s festival experience,” said Don Smiley, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. President and CEO. “In light of the donation of the new generator by Briggs & Stratton and the North Gate and Community Plaza project, made possible by American Family Insurance, and U.S. Cellular’s brand new Connection Stage, we would like to sincerely thank our sponsors for continuing to reinvest in Henry Maier Festival Park. We are excited to debut these amenities in the coming months.”
When completed, the North Entry Gate and Community Plaza will connect the festival grounds to the new Lakefront Gateway Project and downtown Milwaukee and will feature:
- New entrance gate & turnstile entry area:
- The entry gate will feature digital displays, lighting and a public address system
- Additional turnstile lines
- Unique signature design
- New box office
- First Aid Station
- Community Plaza:
- A public space available to all community members visiting lakefront attractions
- Accessible benches and seating areas
- Interactive play structures themed around music and musical instruments
- Bike Parking
- Eco-friendly landscaping and interactive lighting effects
U.S. Cellular Connection Stage renovation project will include:
- An entirely rebuilt stage
- Increased capacity and improved access for attendees, while featuring a stunning backdrop of the Milwaukee skyline and the lakefront.
- A larger performance area, enhanced production capabilities and improved artist amenities that will accommodate larger acts.
- A 25-foot LED video screen, the largest video screen on the grounds, for enhanced views of performances from any location in the stage area.
- An open-air backstage loft area that will be used for artist meet and greets and interviews, as well as exclusive hospitality experiences with up front viewing of the stage for customers and contest winners.
- Mobile device charging amenities around the stage area, including benches with charging ports along the lakefront.
About Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is an independent, private 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1965 that produces Summerfest, presented by American Family Insurance, an 11-day festival that generates approximately $186 million in direct and indirect economic impact for the community each year. Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. also maintains Henry Maier Festival Park, located on 75 acres on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI. In addition to Summerfest, Henry Maier Festival Park hosts a variety of ethnic and cultural festivals, concerts, walks, runs, and other special events, attracting nearly 1.5 million people. The mission of the organization is to promote an understanding of different ethnic cultures, the histories and traditions of various nationalities, harmony in the community, civic pride and provide a showcase for performing arts, activities and recreation for the public and employment opportunities for the youth of the community.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
PepsiCo will continue to sponsor the Summerfest App
Tickets go on sale on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.