Milwaukee Public Schools to Kick Off Welcome Week with Freshman Bridge
Student orientation and Chromebook distribution for upcoming school year to start today
MILWAUKEE (August 3, 2020) — Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) is opening the 2020-21 school year with Welcome Week for students and families today, Monday, August 3 – including Freshman Bridge for the rising class of 2024. Freshman Bridge will include virtual tours, meeting school staff, team building, and the distribution of instructional materials, Chromebooks, school gear, and masks. Starting today, freshmen on the district’s Early Start Calendar will begin a week of virtual orientations to prepare them for the upcoming academic year.
MPS Superintendent Dr. Keith P. Posley and other district representatives will be available to answer questions regarding Welcome Week and Freshman Bridge.
Alexander Hamilton High School
6215 W. Warnimont Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53220
Monday, August 3, 2020 from 8:05 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Media availability with Dr. Posley will be held at 10:00 A.M.
To account for attendance and social distancing guidelines, please send RSVPs to email@example.com.
- BBB Business Tip: Navigating PPP loan forgiveness - Wisconsin Better Business Bureau - Sep 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: Active COVID-19 Hospitalizations Jump 59% This Week To New Record - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 25th, 2020
- School Plans Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 25th, 2020
- Taylor Measure Calling for Early Release of Wisconsin Inmates Adopted by Board - Sup. Sequanna Taylor - Sep 25th, 2020
- MKE County: It’s Not College Students Driving Disease - Graham Kilmer - Sep 25th, 2020
- Wisconsin Needs More Contact Tracers - Erik Gunn - Sep 25th, 2020
- Entertainment at a Distance: Hike to Support the Urban Ecology Center - Michael Holloway - Sep 25th, 2020
- Business Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 25th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.1 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: Every Age Group But 18-24 Year Olds Has Increasing COVID-19 Spread - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 24th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
Date to resume MPS athletic activities to be determined
Starting September 1, students will be able to receive meals at 50 sites within the district
Early Start Calendar schools to begin virtual learning Monday, August 17