Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Survey
Survey will gather input until July 8, 2020
MILWAUKEE (June 29, 2020) — Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) released its School Reopening Survey for students and families to gather input on how to safely welcome back students for the 2020-21 school year.
Amid the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, surveys will be distributed to families via email, US Mail, and other methods and will ask how they feel MPS can best serve families this upcoming year. MPS administration recently outlined scenarios that will be considered for students and educators returning in the fall.
“This survey is one of the ways we are giving MPS families a voice in how we can meet the needs of our students and our community,” MPS Superintendent Dr. Keith P. Posley said. “We will use this input, along with guidance from health officials and state and local leaders, to come up with the safest plan to provide our students the best environment to learn.”
MPS families can find a link to the School Reopening Survey on the MPS web site. The survey will be available until July 8, 2020. The Milwaukee Board of School Directors has called for a special board meeting in July to further discuss the district’s reopening plan.
- WI Daily: 5,000 Wisconsin Residents Hospitalized Because of COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 9th, 2020
- Why Don Natzke Couldn’t Vote - Enjoyiana Nururdin - Aug 9th, 2020
- WI Daily: New One-Day COVID-19 Case Record - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 8th, 2020
- Mexican Fiesta Organizers Make 45,000 Masks - Matt Martinez - Aug 8th, 2020
- WEDC, Milwaukee Downtown Tout “We’re All In” Safety Campaign - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: One in 100 Wisconsin Residents Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- Healthcare Workers Support Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Aug 7th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.1 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Aug 7th, 2020
- Pandemic Imperils Arts and Culture Industry - Bridgit Bowden - Aug 7th, 2020
- Johnson Introduces Bill to Ensure Assistance for Businesses in Need, Transparency in PPP Loans - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Aug 7th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
Student orientation and Chromebook distribution for upcoming school year to start today
Board votes in favor of phased reopening, beginning 2020-21 school year virtually