Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Survey
Survey will gather input until July 8, 2020
MILWAUKEE (June 29, 2020) — Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) released its School Reopening Survey for students and families to gather input on how to safely welcome back students for the 2020-21 school year.
Amid the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, surveys will be distributed to families via email, US Mail, and other methods and will ask how they feel MPS can best serve families this upcoming year. MPS administration recently outlined scenarios that will be considered for students and educators returning in the fall.
“This survey is one of the ways we are giving MPS families a voice in how we can meet the needs of our students and our community,” MPS Superintendent Dr. Keith P. Posley said. “We will use this input, along with guidance from health officials and state and local leaders, to come up with the safest plan to provide our students the best environment to learn.”
MPS families can find a link to the School Reopening Survey on the MPS web site. The survey will be available until July 8, 2020. The Milwaukee Board of School Directors has called for a special board meeting in July to further discuss the district’s reopening plan.
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
- Milwaukee Removing Most COVID-19 Restrictions on June 15th - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations to Children Ages 12-15 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 558 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 12th, 2021
- WILL Sues Biden Administration for Race, Sex Discrimination in Allocation of COVID Relief Funds for Restaurants - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - May 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 517 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 11th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
Superintendent focuses on essential investments
Bob Peterson will serve as Board Chair and Sequanna Taylor will serve as Vice President
All Athletics Activities Will Follow MPS’s Return-to-Play Game Plan