Milwaukee Public Schools close effective Monday, March 16, 2020
Kenosha, Milwaukee and Racine, Wis. (Friday, March 13, 2020) — Following the recent school closure announcement from Gov. Tony Evers, Kenosha Unified, Racine Unified and Milwaukee Public Schools have decided to close effective Monday, March 16, 2020.
This decision has been made in the best interest of our students and staff to ensure the safety and well-being of all in our school communities. The districts will continue working closely with health officials and one another to make informed decisions and update our communities as expeditiously as possible.
Both Kenosha and Racine will reopen on Monday, April 6, unless notified otherwise by the governor’s office and/or city/county health officials. Milwaukee will reopen Tuesday, April 14, due to their previously scheduled spring break scheduled for April 6-13.
Information regarding lunch programs, student support services and staffing requirements will be shared with each individual school district’s families and staff in the very near future.
Questions regarding this release should be directed to:
Stacy Tapp, RUSD chief of communication & community engagement, 262-939-2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shahree Douglas, MPS director of communications & outreach, 414-940-2702 or email@example.com
- WI Daily: 329 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
Superintendent Posley addressed MPS staff COVID-19 vaccinations
The observance is part of Black History Month and the National Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action