Milwaukee Paranormal Conference Brings Ultimate Halloween Season Experience October 14-16
The conference is a celebration of the study of topics ranging from ghosts and UFOs, to cryptozoology, folklore and culture.
MILWAUKEE – October 5, 2016 – Hundreds of fans of the paranormal are expected at this year’s second annual Milwaukee Paranormal Conference (MPC), to be held at the UWM Student Union from Oct 14-16. The conference is a celebration of the study of topics ranging from ghosts and UFOs, to cryptozoology (the study of mystery animals, like Bigfoot), folklore and culture and features guest speakers, panel discussions, tours, workshops, a film screening, a vendor floor with 50 tables, and after parties.
This year’s program of nationally known speakers includes:
- Cryptozoology expert Loren Coleman, author of dozens of books on the subject and curator of the International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine.
- Katrina Weidman, star of the hit reality show Paranormal Lockdown on cable channel Destination America.
- Chase Kloetzke, Deputy Director of Investigations and Special Case Manager for the Mutual UFO Network.
- Elizabeth Saint, proprietor of Ghostly Gadgets and co-star of Destination America’s Ghosts of Shepherdstown.
- Linda S. Godfrey and Chad Lewis, both longtime researchers and authors of strange phenomenon in Wisconsin.
- The Roswell Debate. A moderated debate between researchers Donald R. Schmitt and Mark O’Connell on UFO investigation techniques and the 1947 Roswell case.
Other speakers and panel discussions include “Searching for Wisconsin’s Sasquatch,” “Haunted Road Trip,” and “Best UFO Reports 2016.” Related conference events include The Raven’s Ball at the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center on Saturday, Oct 15, featuring performances by Dead Man’s Carnival, Quasimondo Theater, a costume contest, tarot readings, and more.
Following the conference on Sunday, Oct 16, the MPC Film Fest will feature screenings of documentaries and films including and the award winning short The House is Innocent, based around local group Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee.
For a full schedule of events, visit: www.milwaukeeparacon.com/schedule Ticket prices for the general public range from $10-$85.
About VISIT Milwaukee
VISIT Milwaukee markets Greater Milwaukee to tourists, and convention and meeting planners, both nationally and internationally. VISIT Milwaukee has approximately 650 members, including hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions, services and area businesses. Total business sales related to tourism amounted to $5.1 billion in Greater Milwaukee in 2015 and supported more than 50,000 local jobs. The City of Wauwatosa, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino and the Wisconsin Center District are strategic partners with VISIT Milwaukee, providing funding support for conventions and tourism programs. For more information call 1-800-554-1448 or visit www.visitmilwaukee.org.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Visit Milwaukee
Packed with the latest information on family fun, the newest attractions, and more
The scope of work will include brand consulting, advertising, and content strategy and creation.
Registration open for 8th annual Santa Hustle at Veterans Park