Milwaukee County Submits Results of 2020 Canvass to Wisconsin Elections Commission
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee County Elections Commission submitted the results of its canvass of the 2020 election to state officials at the Wisconsin Election Commission today.
State law requires election officials from Wisconsin’s 72 counties to submit their canvass statement no later than November 17.
With 19 provisional ballots, Biden’s tally increased from 317,251 to 317,270. Two provisional ballots for Trump increased his count from 134,355 to 134,357.
Provisional ballots are cast on Election Day when an eligible voter is unable to produce ID.
It’s up to the Wisconsin Elections Commission to certify the results of the General Election on December 1, 2020.
Milwaukee County Elections Commission leadership and staff are prepared for a statewide recount of the 2020 presidential election results if one is lawfully requested.
“Previous recounts have demonstrated that the election process in Wisconsin is extremely accurate,” said County Clerk George Christenson. “We are confident that any recount would verify the accuracy of the canvass statement submitted today.”
A petition for a recount in a presidential election must be filed not earlier than the completion of the canvass and not later than the day after the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) receives the last county board of canvassers statement.
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here