Milwaukee County Submits Results of 2020 Canvass to Wisconsin Elections Commission
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee County Elections Commission submitted the results of its canvass of the 2020 election to state officials at the Wisconsin Election Commission today.
State law requires election officials from Wisconsin’s 72 counties to submit their canvass statement no later than November 17.
With 19 provisional ballots, Biden’s tally increased from 317,251 to 317,270. Two provisional ballots for Trump increased his count from 134,355 to 134,357.
Provisional ballots are cast on Election Day when an eligible voter is unable to produce ID.
It’s up to the Wisconsin Elections Commission to certify the results of the General Election on December 1, 2020.
Milwaukee County Elections Commission leadership and staff are prepared for a statewide recount of the 2020 presidential election results if one is lawfully requested.
“Previous recounts have demonstrated that the election process in Wisconsin is extremely accurate,” said County Clerk George Christenson. “We are confident that any recount would verify the accuracy of the canvass statement submitted today.”
A petition for a recount in a presidential election must be filed not earlier than the completion of the canvass and not later than the day after the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) receives the last county board of canvassers statement.
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Fight Isn’t Over Says Trump - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- New Lawsuit Challenges Election Drop Boxes, Wants Election Thrown Out - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Counting Effectively Completed, Milwaukee County Recount Will Finish on Friday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Back on Schedule - George Christenson - Nov 25th, 2020
- Tempers Flare, Monty Python Crack Offered at Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Recount an Insult to Minority Voters? - Isiah Holmes - Nov 25th, 2020
- Trump Allies Sue To Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here