Milwaukee County House of Correction Announces Changes in COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Efforts
MILWAUKEE, WI – The Milwaukee County House of Correction (HOC) recently conducted facility-wide COVID testing, administering more 1,000 tests last Thursday and Friday. Testing uncovered several dozen positive tests among staff and individuals in HOC care. In response, HOC is immediately implementing risk mitigation efforts to remedy the current outbreak and prevent future spread of COVID-19 in HOC facilities.
COVID testing conducted late last week at HOC facilities found 9 new positive tests among HOC staff and 53 new positive tests among justice involved individuals at HOC. In addition, prior to testing, 50 known positive individuals were transferred to HOC from the Milwaukee County Jail (CJF).
Contact tracing remains underway to determine the sources of infection. HOC is taking measures to increase risk mitigation efforts, including interval testing conducted every two weeks for all employees starting shortly after Thanksgiving.
In addition, enhanced contact tracing and stricter health screenings for all in-person employees and contractors will take place immediately. Stricter protocols will also be enacted for the transfer of individuals from CJF to HOC. HVAC enhancements to decrease the spread of the airborne virus and increased disinfecting measures will take place as soon as possible.
Lastly, changes to meeting protocols between justice involved individuals and external staff will emphasize tele-meeting and, if necessary, advise physical spaces that allow for appropriate distancing.
Milwaukee County will continue to provide updates online via a COVID testing dashboard with test results of individuals in the care of the County and staff at congregate living facilities. Information is available to the public at https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/COVID-19/Individuals-in-County-Care
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 349 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 3rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here