Mayor Barrett, City Employees and the Famous Racing Sausages to Pack Holiday Care Packages for Troops Overseas
The 6th Annual City of Milwaukee Holiday Care Package Drive benefitting Wisconsin’s 128th Air Control Squadron serving in Southwest Asia.
- Mayor Tom Barrett
- Major Jeannie Western, 128th Air Control Squadron
- City of Milwaukee Employees
- Representatives from Milwaukee Brewers Community Foundation and the United States Postal Service
- The Famous Racing Sausages
- The 6th Annual City of Milwaukee Holiday Care Package Drive benefitting Wisconsin’s 128th Air Control Squadron serving in Southwest Asia.
- Mayor Barrett, City of Milwaukee employees and several community partners have been accepting donations since December 3rd and will pack-up the boxes on Friday morning.
- The past five drives have been highly successful and this year’s drive is on track to bring a little Wisconsin cheer to the 187 brave men and women serving overseas this holiday season.
- Milwaukee Brewers Community Foundation and the United States Postal Service have played a key role in ensuring the success of the drive. The Famous Racing Sausages will be on hand Friday morning to help assemble the care packages.
Friday, December 14, 2012
Outside the Mayor’s Office, City Hall, 200 E. Wells Street
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett released the following statement after today’s Common Council meeting where the Mayor’s budget vetoes were addressed:
I strongly disagree that Wisconsin needs to completely walk away from the 2011 concealed carry law that required individuals to get a permit before being allowed to carry a concealed weapon."