Matt Flynn Attacks Green Light Given to Foxconn to Pollute Wetlands
"Foxconn is a global pollution threat."
“Foxconn is a global pollution threat. We cannot tolerate the worst of Chinese water quality in Wisconsin. Even the Chinese government, which has engineered one of the most polluted countries on the planet, has investigated Foxconn for ‘severely exceeding’ China’s flimsy requirements for water protection.
“Walker and Republican state lawmakers have already exempted Foxconn from complying with Wisconsin’s wetlands laws, against the will of the majority of the people in Wisconsin. At the time, Wisconsinites were given the misleading impression the federal government would still have oversight.
“That was false, and known by Walker to be false. Foxconn has a free hand to pollute.
“We, the taxpayers, are being forced to pay $4 billion for a foreign corporation to come here and ignore our wetlands laws. Scott Walker should not have made this corrupt deal. As governor, I will stop this unconstitutional project through immediate litigation.”
Matt Flynn is a Navy veteran, attorney, and former Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. He attended law school at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
For additional information, visit www.ForwardWithFlynn.com.
Forward with Flynn
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Matt Flynn
"Philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin support tens of thousands of people every year."
Retired Archbishop Rembert Weakland confirmed that neither Flynn nor any lawyers were involved in transfers of abusive priests.
Democratic challenger has raised nearly $700,000 since the start of the campaign