MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2
MILWAUKEE (July 14, 2020) — Milwaukee Area Technical College will graduate approximately 1,000 students in a virtual Spring/Summer 2020 Commencement which will be made available at matc.stageclip.com beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, July 24. It also will be broadcast by Milwaukee PBS on Aug. 1-2.
The decision to hold a virtual rather than in-person ceremony was made in the interest of health and safety due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Students will graduate from associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and adult high school programs. Each student has been asked to upload photos or video messages to be inserted into the program.
Other speakers include Mark Foley, chairperson of the MATC District Board; Dr. Vicki J. Martin, MATC president; and Marissa Nicholson, leader of MATC’s Student Senate. Martin will officially confer the degrees.
Watch the commencement at matc.stageclip.com beginning at 6 p.m., Friday, July 24; or on Milwaukee PBS Channel 10 at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1; and on Channel 36 at 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 2.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Nearly 35,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 150 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 35 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here