MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2
MILWAUKEE (July 14, 2020) — Milwaukee Area Technical College will graduate approximately 1,000 students in a virtual Spring/Summer 2020 Commencement which will be made available at matc.stageclip.com beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, July 24. It also will be broadcast by Milwaukee PBS on Aug. 1-2.
The decision to hold a virtual rather than in-person ceremony was made in the interest of health and safety due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Students will graduate from associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and adult high school programs. Each student has been asked to upload photos or video messages to be inserted into the program.
Other speakers include Mark Foley, chairperson of the MATC District Board; Dr. Vicki J. Martin, MATC president; and Marissa Nicholson, leader of MATC’s Student Senate. Martin will officially confer the degrees.
Watch the commencement at matc.stageclip.com beginning at 6 p.m., Friday, July 24; or on Milwaukee PBS Channel 10 at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1; and on Channel 36 at 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 2.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Nearly 35,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 150 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 35 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Concert Venues Seeking COVID-19 Relief - Erik Gunn - Aug 6th, 2020
- Evictions Rising, Activists Call For Moratorium - Isiah Holmes - Aug 6th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $32 Million to Support COVID-19 Testing at UW Campuses - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 6th, 2020
- Lt. Gov. Barnes Delivers Democratic Radio Address Thanking Wisconsinites for Masking Up - Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes - Aug 6th, 2020
- Statement on Testing Protocol Changes - Advocate Aurora Health - Aug 5th, 2020
- Data Wonk: A Mask Mandate is Not Enough - Bruce Thompson - Aug 5th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Slowing in Milwaukee County, Increasing Statewide - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 5th, 2020
- Wisconsin National Guard mobilized to support August 11 election - Wisconsin National Guard Public Affairs - Aug 5th, 2020
- Foundation Allocates $30 Million To Equitable COVID-19 Business Recovery - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 5th, 2020
- After Prison Population Increase, the ACLU of Wisconsin Calls on Leadership to Reduce Incarcerated Population During Pandemic - American Civil Liberties Union of Wisconsin - Aug 5th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Area Technical College
American Family Insurance Donates $40,000 to Help Fund Effort to Ensure Computer and Internet Access