Marquette University announces in-person plans for fall 2021 semester
MILWAUKEE — Marquette University is planning for a return to an in-person academic and residential campus experience for students for the fall 2021 semester, President Michael R. Lovell announced in a letter to the campus community and incoming students.
“Marquette was able to pivot at the start of the pandemic and re-opened last fall in a hybrid learning model to give our students an on-campus experience. With mandatory testing, required masks and limits on gatherings, we were able to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus this academic year, and now we are planning for an in-person academic and residential experience for our students this fall,” Lovell said.
“Our commitment to experiential learning is a key part of our mission,” Lovell said. “A personalized, on-campus academic and cocurricular experience is foundational to a transformative Catholic, Jesuit education at Marquette.”
A detailed plan for the fall 2021 semester will be announced at a later date as the university continues to work with local public health officials to ensure that all proper health and safety protocols are in place. Additional mechanisms will remain in place should it be necessary to pivot or adjust plans.
- State Wants Pause in Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - WPR Staff - Apr 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin DHS Pauses Administration of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 13th, 2021
- More of State’s Urban Schools Went Virtual - Madeline Fox - Apr 13th, 2021
- WI Daily: 402 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 12th, 2021
- Special Work Session Called on MPS School Reopening - Larry Miller - Apr 12th, 2021
- DHS Reaffirms that Every Wisconsinite Can Get COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 12th, 2021
- State’s Local Governments Getting $2.3 Billion - Danielle Kaeding - Apr 12th, 2021
- Wisconsin Man Pleads Guilty to COVID-Relief Fraud - U.S. Department of Justice - Apr 12th, 2021
- Student Infection Rates May Soar - Terry Falk - Apr 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 569 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 11th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Marquette University
Marquette University launches $750 million comprehensive fundraising campaign, “Time to Rise: The Marquette Promise to Be The Difference”Apr 8th, 2021 by Marquette University
Time to Rise is largest comprehensive fundraising campaign in university history