Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald Sends Letter to Appointees Impacted By Governor Evers’ Actions
The move resulted in some state boards and commissions having their membership decimated and even stalled decisions on major energy projects in front of the Public Service Commission.
[Madison, WI] — Late last Friday afternoon, Governor Evers rescinded 82 appointments the Senate had confirmed during the extraordinary session in December. The move resulted in some state boards and commissions having their membership decimated and even stalled decisions on major energy projects in front of the Public Service Commission.
Today, Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald sent all 82 appointees a letter regarding their confirmation in the Senate and the unnecessary actions taken by the governor while this matter continues to work its way through the courts.
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) represents the 13th Senate District, which covers portions of Dodge, Jefferson, Waukesha, Washington, Dane, and Columbia counties.
- Kaul Sues Legislature Over Lame Duck Laws - Melanie Conklin - Nov 24th, 2020
- AG Kaul Announces Legal Action to Allow DOJ to Again Enforce Wisconsin Laws Without Unconstitutional Legislative Interference - Josh Kaul - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Vos Thinks Lame-Duck Session Didn’t Go Far Enough - Melanie Conklin - Jul 31st, 2020
- The State of Politics: Court Rulings Against Evers Sow Confusion - Steven Walters - Jul 20th, 2020
- Court Tosses Dems’ Lame-Duck Suit - Laurel White - Jul 16th, 2020
- Op Ed: State High Court Nullifies 2018 Election - James Rowen - Jul 12th, 2020
- WI Supreme Court Upholds GOP Lame-Duck Laws - Laurel White - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on State Supreme Court’s Ruling on Lame Duck - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Lame Duck Supreme Court Upholds Lame Duck GOP Power Grab - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 9th, 2020
- Fitzgerald Reacts to Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision in SEIU vs. Vos - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jul 9th, 2020
Read more about Lame Duck Laws here