Majority Leader Fitzgerald Reacts to National Guard Bureau Investigation
"Since last November, when I was first contacted by a solider, my primary concern has been justice and support for victims."
[Madison, WI] — On Monday, Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald’s office was briefed by federal investigators from the National Guard Bureau Office of Complex Investigations reviewing the Wisconsin National Guard’s handling of sexual assault and harassment allegations. As he continues to review the report of their investigation, Fitzgerald released the following statement:
“Since last November, when I was first contacted by a solider, my primary concern has been justice and support for victims. It is now the duty of the governor, the new leadership at the Wisconsin National Guard, and the National Guard Bureau to implement the recommended reforms and ensure that the brave men and women serving our state can serve without fear of harassment or reprisals.
“Fixing this will not happen overnight. It is paramount that this type of behavior does not continue in the future. I will keep monitoring this issue closely as both the Wisconsin National Guard and National Guard Bureau examine how Wisconsin can fix its system for handling sexual harassment and assault.”
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) represents the 13th Senate District, which covers portions of Dodge, Jefferson, Waukesha, Washington, Dane, and Columbia counties.
- Majority Leader Fitzgerald Reacts to National Guard Bureau Investigation - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Dec 10th, 2019
- Evers Orders National Guard Leader to Resign - Melanie Conklin - Dec 10th, 2019
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Statement on National Guard Bureau Report on Wisconsin National Guard - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Dec 9th, 2019
- AG Kaul Statement on National Guard Report and Reforms - Josh Kaul - Dec 9th, 2019
- Gov. Evers Announces Sweeping Reforms Within Wisconsin National Guard - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 9th, 2019
Read more about Wisconsin National Guard Federal Review here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Reaches Deal with USDA, Preserves More Than $70 Million a Month in Food Assistance for Wisconsin FamiliesApr 13th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
More than 400,000 Wisconsin households to continue seeing emergency food assistance as state COVID-19 cases trend in wrong direction
Estimated 9,300 small businesses to receive $5,000 grants through ‘We’re All In’ program
Gov. Evers Announces FEMA Support for COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Clinic Site in Madison Begins April 7Apr 6th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Mass vaccination clinic to serve thousands at Alliant Energy Center